Volume too quiet after new update

Rebel 1.0

Volume too quiet after new update

The April update made the phone way too loud, so to fix that the phone is now way too quiet?? When playing media or notifications, the phone is really quiet, even at Max volume, then sometimes mid video, a notification will pop in and the video volume will be loud enough but then it drops down. Why is the phone so quiet, doesn't that remove the point of having two, good speakers? Why not put a setting in sounds or something to decide if we want a loud volume range or a quiet one? I'd just like to hear my videos again Smiley Sad
4 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Volume too quiet after new update

Hi @FatherPixels,

When you updated in April and volume was too loud, did you follow this fix?: https://community.nextbit.com/t5/General-Q-A/HOW-TO-How-to-solve-the-loud-audio-issue/m-p/16116#M948...

If so, be careful not to have it set to play lower volume

D

Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.6

@david I installed the DSP app. One question, do I need to keep it running all the time? If so how is it on battery life?

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@wicket you only needed that in April/May. Now the sound problem is fixed. Anyway, you don't need to keep it running, just save your profile as headphone or loudspeakers, and it'll work flawlessly

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Highlighted
Rebel 3.6

@david I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I honestly preferred the sound in the April update over the June. It could be my ears playing tricks on me, but I feel the sound was a little fuller in the April update. Still sounds better than my iPhone though!!!