Charing plug extremely loose

Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

Charing plug extremely loose

Anyone know if they charging jack is covered under warranty?

I don't believe I've had this new phone a year yet and my charging jack is now so loose that the plug will fall out sometimes.

And other times I can't even get it to charge.  I have tried multiple cables so I know it's not the cable.  Just the jack going bad.

3 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Re: Charing plug extremely loose

Just wanted to post my situation to make sure it ain't the same. I have the bruises case from NextBit and the charger is loose due to the case blocking the cable from going completely into the port. So if your doing the same taking out of case may solve issues. Else wise. Good luck.
Rebel 2.8

Yeah, I thought of that so I took the case off and still the same result.

But I've tried multiple cables - I have over 10 brand new cables due to a shipping mistake from Amazon and they told me to just keep them.  And even the cable that came with the phone is extremely loose.

I sent a message to tech support and we'll see what they say.

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

After a conversation with tech support and sending them a couple of pictures, it turned out there was a really small piece of debris in the charging port. 

Don't know how it got in there or even what it is.  But after following their suggestion on how to remove the debris it's working as it should now.

Hats off to tech support!!