Re: Battery randomly dropping to 0%

Highlighted
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Khang wrote:

Do you guys have a logcat that you can link me to when this happens? I'm sure our team would love to see these problems.

How do we do that? @Khang

Signature Fonts
9 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Yeah it would be great if you could tell us how to do that.

Also, since I've started paying attention to it, I'm 99% sure it has something to do with Snapchat. The last three crashes happened while captioning a snap I just took.
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

You guys can use SysLog to get the logcat. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
Without root you can't save system or modem logs, but I guess the other ones are enough (what you can get without root). Then, save it to drive and link to them here so Khang can send them to the team.

Thanks!
D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.8

After a crash? Before? Or right now?
Rebel 2.8

Okay so it just happened again (while using Snapchat, of course), so it used the app and uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8iqoewCbAzUTG5ub2tLa3JVbXM/view?usp=drivesdk I hope I did it correctly.
Rebel 2.8

Yeah I've been having the same issues for the past month or 2. Anywhere from 15%-40% battery, then I get a low battery notification, then it powers off, all within a second. I have to plug the phone in to turn it back on and when I do it always shows the 15%-40% battery it had before powering off. Usually happens when I'm listening to Spotify. 

Today it shut off at 30% when I opened Snapchat but when I plugged it back in it stayed at 0% while charging and would instantly power off if unplugged. It took 4 reboots before it finally showed having any battery power.

Rebel 3.2

This has been happening to me lately as well.

Some additional details about my phone:

I was one of the first to receive it (towards the end of February 2016) and it's the Electric colorway.

It appeared to have only started happening after I installed the Nougat beta.

I mentioned when I received the phone because there may have been tweaks (minor or major) internally since then. Not saying that there have been, but I thought it might be relevant.

Rebel 2.8

Any updates on this?

I've been having this issue as well for about two months. I know for certain the issue isn't the cold--I live in sunny, hot Miami. Anywhere between 15-40% my Robin just... dies. It then will not let me restart it without plugging it in. The moment I plug it in, I can turn it on and have between 30-40% battery.

It happens randomly during whatever app I'm using, or even if I don't have any apps running. Also happens in random locations--home, school, sub-tropical islands while on a cruise, or even at a store trying to use Android Pay.

pls send help

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@KayAyDoubleTee have you tried power cycling (turning it off with the power button, leave it for a few minutes) before turning it back in? Sometimes the battery reading is just a little off and it takes a power cycle to "reset" it. Also could you share a screen shot of your battery usage (Settings --> battery). It would help to see what is draining the battery

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.2

This problem is still happening to me. It started in 7.0 beta 2 and now still happen in 6.0. So it doesn't depend on software. Like you said there is something wrong with battery callibration.