Slow Charging

SOLVED
Rebel 3.0

Re: Slow Charging

I had the same issue but where I live hasn't got the best electricity.
There are powercuts that randomly happen or there will be one scheduled for a whole day. & this what lead to my cable from nextbit decide to give up on me. Often it's fluctuations/ Surges. But to save robin from harm I isolated charging robin in the meantime on my Power Bank. Then I had a scare after buying a new cable but found out it was a faulty one & it ended up bootlooping robin.. But as I was going to post to the forums I was able to hard reset. So I went to find some better quality cables & was lucky to find Monster Cable & bought 2 lol to be on the safe side. Also I like to charge on a USB charger adaptor even that malfunctioned during the electrical surges & a neighbors TV broke.. Quite a few peoples things malfunctioned.. So I got myself a new USB charger adapter with a electric surge stablizer. But always prepped I just wish my country stablize the power already 😡 not cool at all..
/|/ ø ÷ Ξ
Rebel 2.8

This started happening to me post the beta update. One fine day the phone was not charging at all, and it was switched off. I plugged it in my powerbank and it came alive. Ever since that, on my Robin Quick Charger, it charges slowly and takes 9 hours or so.

Another thing I noticed was that, if the battery is above 50 percent, it just says 'charging' and charges relatively faster. I think it is a software bug and not a cable issue, as I tried a couple of more chargers and cable combinations which my other friends use for other phones. Even the one plus three fast charging didn't work on my Robin, despite it working properly on one plus three. And one plus three quick charged on my nextbit charger.
Highlighted
Rebel 3.6

Hey there, please post any beta tester feedback or info in the private beta tester section in the forum. If you need access, please refer to you mail updates for sign-up link. Thanks!

Rebel 3.2

So we are now a 3 Robin family. I got mine through Kickstarter. My son bought himself one from the store and my daughter just bought one because her Motorola died. My son has had one nextbit cable die already and now his replacement cable from nextbit has stopped quick charging. No damage to it at all. My daughter had had her phone for 2 weeks or so and already get cable has stopped quick charging. I have confirmed it's the cables using my good 6 foot cable and quick charger. Did you guys get a bad batch of cables? All 3 cables I received through Kickstarter are still working great but the newer ones don't seem to be lasting very long.
Rebel 2.6

My cable charge rapidly only with one side.
Rebel 3.0

if you are referring to using the cable that comes with the Robin, there is only 1 usb c side, the other side is usb 2.0 so how do you choose sides to connect to the Robin?

Rebel 2.6

Yes, the cable comig with Robin. The usb-c side has two faces. One charge rapidly, the other slowly
Rebel 2.8

Same issue here, started today. Original Robin Quick charger and cable from kickstarter...
Rebel 1.0

Same issue here, phone now only charges slowly, have tried different bricks and cables, and new cables quick charge for a while and then stop, getting quite frustrating...

Rebel 2.6

I'm having the same issue. When my Type C charger is plugged in, it says "Slowly Charging on the bottom" and it literally takes 16 hours to charge it completely. I've only had this phone for 2 months and I feel hard-done by.

What am I to do?!

I'm currently charging it now and it's been stuck at 3% for nearly 1 hour.....