Unresponsive Robin

Rebel 2.8

Unresponsive Robin

Hello there! I'm not that much of a tech person and my Robin has been malfunctioning recently. Here are the details:

About a week or two ago, my robin had randomly turned off while I was using it (listening to music to be exact). I wasn't able to turn it on and it was unresponsive when I tried charging it. I plugged it into my computer, but it was unresponsive. A week later and it is still unresponsive. I've tried charging it, plugging it into my computer and pressing the power button again, but nothing seems to work. I have a feeling it might be a faulty battery but I'm not that much of an expert. Is there any way this problem can be fixed? Thankyou!

6 REPLIES
Ps
Rebel 3.0

Re: Unresponsive Robin

Hi,

Let's try and troubleshoot a little. I hope you have tried these things, if you haven't I would suggest you do and report back

• Changing charging cables -> Try using another type C cable and charge the phone, are there any notification led's powering on (one at the bottom of the phone near the charging port?
  • Once plugged in with exiting charging cable/new cable, press lower volume + power button simultaneoulsy, keep pressing for 15-20 seconds and see if the phone vibrates or show anything.
  • You may also keep robin plugged in for 1-2 hours to see if it starts charging, could be a case of dead battery and faulty cable.

Please try the options and report to us, we may try other things incase these do not work out.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Ps wrote:

Hi,

Let's try and troubleshoot a little. I hope you have tried these things, if you haven't I would suggest you do and report back

• Changing charging cables -> Try using another type C cable and charge the phone, are there any notification led's powering on (one at the bottom of the phone near the charging port?
  • Once plugged in with exiting charging cable/new cable, press lower volume + power button simultaneoulsy, keep pressing for 15-20 seconds and see if the phone vibrates or show anything.
  • You may also keep robin plugged in for 1-2 hours to see if it starts charging, could be a case of dead battery and faulty cable.

Please try the options and report to us, we may try other things incase these do not work out.

Thanks for stepping in there to try and help! This is the kind of troubleshooting and comments that we're looking for in this community! If there are any continuing issues, please notify me asap. 

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Hello again!

I have tried the third solution and fortunately, it worked! Thank you for helping me troubleshoot a few problems with my robin, it is greatly appreciated! 

But there's just one minor problem:

When my robin was searching for wifi it took an extremely long time and rebooted in the middle of searching. It is currently still searching for wifi but has not rebooted again. Should I be worried about this?

Ps
Rebel 3.0

Hi,

Glad to know it worked, it shouldn't be an issue yet.

Try to switch on wifi then select "Airplance mode", switch on wifi, switch off "Airplane mode". Let us know.

Could you share:

• Device OS
  • Any debug log(s)

If you don't know how to take a debug log do let us know. We can try take one and send it to the team.

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Greetings, 

Unfortunately, when I tried to turn my Robin on (after sleeping) it froze on the lock screen. I failed in getting it to unfreeze and had to leave it until it ran out of battery. 

This sort of thing (and a few other problems) started happening about 2-4 weeks ago and I tried to troubleshoot, but couldn't find a solution to completely resolve the problems.

I uploaded this post about a month ago in regards the other problems:

"Wifi problems, freezing, and a few other things.[ Edited ]

Hello there! So recently my Robin has been heating up extremely fast and losing its battery in a span of about 3-4 hours. It also freezes for an extremely long time and doesn't unfreeze until, well, it runs out of battery. I've also been experiencing random reboots after trying to connect to Wifi (although this incident has only happened once). And it cannot connect to Wifi at all anymore. I've tried clearing the cache and rebooting it myself a couple times but it doesn't seem to work, is there any way I can fix these problems?"

So far, I have tried not to tamper with my device (for about 2 weeks) in fear of it freezing again. 

But I have finally attempted charging it today and (luckily) it has turned on but is currently stuck on the logo screen and has been for quite some time now. Therefore, I am not able to view the OS or conduct any debug logs (although I don't know how to conduct a debug log). 

I hope the information included was helpful. Thank you for assisting me in troubleshooting my device Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Ps
Rebel 3.0

OK, I would suggest going through sticky thread here : http://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/bd-p/Tools

Use this good guide and follow it:
http://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/Teach-you-how-to-ROOT-your-Nextbit-Robin/m-p/39654#U39654

What we would try and do is root and fresh install. That should help.