Amzer Pudding TPU case

Rebel 2.8

Amzer Pudding TPU case

[ Edited ]

I have a mint Robin on order (used the Newegg promo) and started looking around for slim cases. I'm coming from a much smaller phone and I don't want to add to the length or width more than is absolutely necessary. The Fosmon DURA-T (which Walmart.com is offering for less than $5 shipped, btw) seems to have the most positive reviews, but seems a little thick on the edges. I like the look of the Scratches case, but it's very pricey and the reports here make me wary, and the Orzly case has very mixed reviews about fit.

I saw that Amzer, whose other cases have a decent reputation, makes a TPU case, but can't find reviews for it anywhere. I ordered one with a promo code to try.

Has anyone seen this case before?

8 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Re: Amzer Pudding TPU case

My case just arrived, but my Robin is still at the post office, will report on the fit once I get it.

Rebel 3.2

[ Edited ]

Hey @trisk! Welcome to the community and congratulations on your new Robin. Let us know what you think of the fit and finish of that case, as you said there aren't any reviews for it. Also, if it's not to your liking, try the Orzly fusion or the Tudia cases from Amazon. The Orzly has a clear back so you can still see most of the design of the device. The Tudia is a little more rugged and offers good protection but doesn't show off the design of the phone because it's completely covered from the back. 

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

I unpacked my Robin and put it in the Amzer case. It fits quite tightly and is flush against the edges with no gaps. The case has a glossy surface but isn't too slippery. The cutouts kept their shapes and are lined up correctly. The sides are rounded and thick, probably 2mm at the center. It looks a lot like the photos of the Fosmon DURA-T case, particularly with the large raised bumps over the volume buttons.

Overall it looks nice and durable, but I was hoping for something not quite so thick.

Here's a bunch more photos: http://imgur.com/gallery/lral4

IMG_20161017_125608032.jpgIMG_20161017_125456231.jpgIMG_20161017_125350606.jpg

Rebel 3.0

Thanks for the review and the photos. Ot looks like a nice fit. any issues with the fingerprint scanner?

It does look very similar to the Fosmon pictures I have seen ( even the location for the branding). But its double the price 🤔
Rebel 3.0

Looks awesome!

Rebel 3.2

Looks really good actually, I may have to get one of these , I hate how TPu yellows tho
Rebel 2.8

Fingerprint unlock is working reliably if I hold down the button a half second. I trained it with the case on.
Rebel 3.2

I made the mistake of getting a clear TPU case once. Its now a brown case...

For my Robin I went with a Fosman DURA-T slim fit case in black. So far I am happy with it.