Anyone got a real photo of the carbon skin (DBRAND)

SOLVED
Rebel 2.6

Anyone got a real photo of the carbon skin (DBRAND)

Recently recieved my robin and have loved every second of it but I now want to care for my new phone and i hear dbrand is the best they look good on internet but what about IRL. like do they fit propally?

4 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Anyone got a real photo of the carbon skin (DBRAND)

Hey @TechyRobin, congrats for the Robin!

Dbrand skins are pretty awesome! Having used it personally, I can assure you that they fit perfectly!

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

@TechyRobin I had bought two dBrand skins for the Robin; first, I had bamboo wood in the middle and white on the edges and now I have the black metal in the middle and nothing on the edges.

If you are a pefectionist, you will not be pleased with how the skin fits. The skin for the middle back is perfectly fine but the sides are the problem. The cut-outs for the buttons (power on, mic, 3.5mm audio jack, usb-c, camera, flash and so on) are slightly bigger than the buttons themselves so there are some very narrow white gaps which arguably ruins the look of the skin. It was the first time buying a dbrand skin and applying them so maybe I was not careful enough but no matter how much I tried the skin for the top and buttom will always have awkward gaps and looked tacky, especially the corners. Hence the reason why on the next buy, I only bought a skin for the middle.

But if you put that problem aside, yes it does look good. And it also hides the scratch marks from when you had the phone skinless and the texture of the skin is, personally, better than the original plastic.

So, I would advise that you buy only the middle bit and also the skin for the cloud logo.

Rebel 3.0

If you are planning to also put a tempered glass on your phone, then dont bother with the dbrand skin. In my experience, the skin will wrap around to the front and then overlap onto the tempered glass. This will cause the skin to not stick well in the front. Maybe im just not applying it right, but i tried it with both the skins they sent me and it just would not work

Rebel 3.0

I am a big fan of dbrand, and other skins...However the dbrand cut for the Nextbit does not fit nicely. I ordered the white leather, which is a nice pairing with the Nextbit Midnight. It protects the back from scratches, hides my greasy fingerprints, and has a nice texture. The downside on this phone is that it is cut to wrap around the sides, as others have mentioned, and it's just not precise. I ended up using a razor and trying to trim down the edges, but it didn't turn out so pretty.

I might try again, but it would be much nicer if they had an option that didn't wrap around the sides. I really just want the coverage on the back of the phone.