Anyone used this case yet?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 3.0

Anyone used this case yet?

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if any of us have this case: https://www.amazon.com/AMZER-Pudding-Cover-Nextbit-Robin/dp/B01GWTZDWC

I have been trying to find a goof clear case for my Nextbit but it seems like this is one has no reviews yet.

The scratches case on the offical store been out of stock since forever.

Thanks

12 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Anyone used this case yet?

I have the Fosmon version. I'm not too thrilled about the fit. The cover does not fit as "snug" as I would like it to. The top and bottom kind out bow out. I've ordered an Orzly one (waiting for it to arrive)...and after reading some of the reviews...I'm thinking that its a rebranded version of the Amzer/Fosmon cover.

Only place I'm seeing the Scratches cover is on Amazon for a ridiculous 25 bucks. It looks like its made of the same super thin plastic material as the $.99 covers I have for my Nexus 5. But hey...beggars can't be choosers...so we got to go with what's available.

Rebel 3.0

Thanks for your input, I'll put a skin and call it a day then :'( 

Rebel 2.8

qchau77 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if any of us have this case: https://www.amazon.com/AMZER-Pudding-Cover-Nextbit-Robin/dp/B01GWTZDWC

I have been trying to find a goof clear case for my Nextbit but it seems like this is one has no reviews yet.

The scratches case on the offical store been out of stock since forever.

Thanks

Hi, I have the ORZLY, that I think is the same as the AMZER... well, it fits and it's transparent, but like @RS_VR6, is not so tight (or on the opposite, is too tight that on the top and the bottom stay bowed)... I don't have the english words to explain it :-)

I am a bit disappointed because the choice of covers is really small... I ordered a FOSMON, and I am waiting to arrive, but just read from @RS_VR6 that in fact is a ORZLY rebranded.. too bad :-(

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

Well that kinda sucks. I'm still waiting on the OrzlySmiley Frustrated. I wanted to try the Orzly case because the pictures looked different than the Fosmon/Amzer ones. I guess they get them from the same manufacturer and brand them accordignly.

I'm starting to get used to the warped look of the Fosmon case. What's good about the case is that it makes picking up the phone easier. It does give you a better grip. The phone without the case is pretty slim and makes grabbing it off the table a bit slippery sometimes. Pocket lint and dust does get inbetween the case and the phone...but its not a big deal. I'll just take the case off and wash it with some soap and water.

Rebel 2.8

RS_VR6 wrote:

Well that kinda sucks. I'm still waiting on the OrzlySmiley Frustrated. I wanted to try the Orzly case because the pictures looked different than the Fosmon/Amzer ones. I guess they get them from the same manufacturer and brand them accordignly.

I'm starting to get used to the warped look of the Fosmon case. What's good about the case is that it makes picking up the phone easier. It does give you a better grip. The phone without the case is pretty slim and makes grabbing it off the table a bit slippery sometimes. Pocket lint and dust does get inbetween the case and the phone...but its not a big deal. I'll just take the case off and wash it with some soap and water.

I wait for the FOSMON, but not with too much enthusiasm... I see the TUDIA, and I can read on amazon good reviews, but I am afraid that actually covers the fantastic design of the phone, making it look like almost other phones... and it's a bit bulky too...

Rebel 2.8

The FOSAMON in my opinon is not worth it. The shape and fit of that particular case didn't fit my robin well at all and acutally took away its hard edges. the sides bowed out a little bit (similar to RS_VR6's experience), which made the phone look weird. I currently use the TUDIA case and although I can see what you are talking about in regards to making it look like any other phone, the real trade off is in feeling the quality and security that if I drop my phone from a reasonable height, it'll survive the fall and still function. The added "bulk" is also welcome due to having larger hands. Overall, out of the two, I highly suggest the TUDIA, as it not only is sturdy, but also has a great fit.

Rebel 2.8

Today the FOSMON arrived, and I must say that it fits almost perfect, much better than the ORZLY... but, in fact, apart of the FOSMON logo on the side, they are exactly identical...

I think that it goes like this: due to the peculiar shape of the phone (edges), it is difficult to create a cover that fits well in TPU, because can be easily too tight (bowing edges), or too loose (the phone moves inside)... that said, sadly it's all about luck....

Rebel 3.0

Got my Orzly cover today. Yup...its the same as the the Fosmon. The picture for the Orzly looks different with individual cut outs. Nope. The Fosmon/Amzer/Orzly are all the same. They get it from one manufacturer and put their own names on it. 

Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

That looks ugly, especially with the AMAZER logo on the bottom. 

I ordered this from AliExpress... it's similar to the Scratches Case and it only costs $2.00...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nextbit-Robin-case-soft-clear-TPU-case-for-Nextbit-Robin-cover-cryst...

Nextbit-Robin-case-soft-clear-TPU-case-for-Nextbit-Robin-cover-crystal-transparent-silicon-phone-case-1.jpgNextbit-Robin-case-soft-clear-TPU-case-for-Nextbit-Robin-cover-crystal-transparent-silicon-phone-case.jpg