Attachable camera lens suggestions?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

Attachable camera lens suggestions?

I was watching the T.V series Elementary, when I noticed Holmes` phone had a weird sort of camera attachment... I went online, and some basic research revealed that those things are called attachable camera lens that aid to improve the performance of the camera of a Android device or an iPhone. While the phone he had was in fact, an iPhone, I was wondering if there are any of these devices (the ones that actually work, not knock-offs) for my Nextbit Robin?

Just to clarify, the Robin camera is top-notch, best among all smartphones I`ve own(ed), but still i need a better camera for capturing clinical photographs of my patients....

ca_.pngCamera lens attachment_.pngCamra attcmnt_.pngcatt_.png

6 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Attachable camera lens suggestions?

There are clamp-on lenses that might work.

Link to an example

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile
Rebel 2.8

Thanks a lot for the idea.... I`ll look into it....

Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

I got a TECHO Universal HD Lens kit (https://www.amazon.com/TECHO-Universal-Professional-Camera-Cellphone/dp/B00XXK4AN2) as a gift, and it works well with the Robin. It clips onto the phone and has a wide angle and macro lens. Attachable lenses are not so much for improving the quality of regular photos but are used for focusing on objects up close or fitting more of the scene into a photo. Here's a sample photo I took to test the macro lens:

IMG_20161225_124635474.jpg

Rebel 2.8

Great! I`ll have to see if it`s available in my country(India); if it is, I might just get it!

Rebel 2.8

But doesn`t the attached lens interfere with flash?

Rebel 2.6

That's a good point; it does cover the flash. I don't normally use the flash anyway. You'll just need to make sure the lighting is decent and the photos should turn out fine.