Review needed: Charger bundled with case and screen protector on Amazon.com

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 3.0

Review needed: Charger bundled with case and screen protector on Amazon.com

Hi, I was planning to buy Orzly case and screen protector and a quick charge 2 charger for my Robin. Then I found this on amazon.com. They have bundled a Nextbit charger with case and screen protector. Although I am sure that the case and screen protector will be low in quality compared to Orzly's. But if it's usable for at least 6 months then it's a good deal for me. Did anyone buy this? Any review is appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Re: Review needed: Charger bundled with case and screen protector on Amazon.com

Hi Nahid.

Are you the person I'm having a conversation with on Amazon?

I bought this bundle, but really only because it was actually cheaper than the charger alone.  I'm not sure if it is an official Nextbit bundle or not.  The charger is genuine, but I have no idea if the case is the "scratches" case or just some generic flimsy thing.  Same goes with the screen protector... I suppose it could be the official "plastic" protector.  If so, those are both relatively expensive items, but not worth anywhere near their price.  I didn't even keep them.  The case would probably do some job, especially if it is the genuine one (because at least then it would fit), but it was so thin and flimsy and I bought a different case at the same time that I didn't even bother taking it out of its plastic.  Same with the screen protector... it is the very thin and flexible type.  I'm sure it would do the job, but I've used that type before (that used to be all that was available a few years ago) and it was so annoying trying to get the bubbles out.  The newer rigid tempered glass ones are so much better.  They get very few bubbles which are much easier to get out, and they stay clear far longer and don't scratch at all.

So... I'm not going to say the included case and protector are "worthless", necessarily, as I didn't even give them a chance.  But I also wouldn't put any real trust in the protection they offer.

I'd recommend getting a better screen protector for sure.  As for the case, I don't think any of the options for the Nextbit are really that great.  Just don't drop your phone!

I hope that helps.  I wish I could provide photos but I don't know where I put the items or even if I threw them out.

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

I located the bundle!  I put it right where it made the most sense (which is why I couldn't find them, of course).

This site doesn't seem to like my photos, but I've updated my original Amazon review and added photos there, along with some commentary. Here's the link.  (note, at the time of this posting Amazon hadn't finished reviewing my review  lol... so give it some time to refresh)

Rebel 3.0

bcsteeve wrote:

Hi Nahid.

Are you the person I'm having a conversation with on Amazon?

Yes Steven, I am the one who you replied on Amazon. Thank you for your reply on Amazon and in this community.