What headphones / earphones are you using with your Robin? :D

Rebel 3.0

Re: What headphones / earphones are you using with your Robin? :D

For the first few months I used these Sony over the ear headphones, but realized that they dont have a built in mic so people couldn't hear me unless the Robin was close to my mouth.

I decided for the last two weeks to take out the Jaybird X (first gen bluetooth) headphones and start using them.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@captainzoli some of the people on the head-fi.org are kinda scary Man LOL Our local audio technica repair center rep was telling me the reason mine was peeling from cuz of the oils from my face interacting with the ear cups.... not quite sure what to make of that :x Should i be glad that i now know why it peels, but not glad 'cuz there is nothing i really can do about it? :x

@puleen How are your Jaybirds working with the robin (Birds of a feathered flock Smiley Very Happy 2 birds!)? ^_^

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.0

@Paradox The head-fi folks are just fanatics. The real threat there is falling in love with the high end and emptying your wallet chasing it. Lol. If I find some real leather replacements I'll let you know. That might solve your problem.

@captainzoli Thank you! that will be awesome! Either that or put blotters in between my face and the ear cups and head band which is unsightly Smiley Tongue

As for falling in love with high end stuff, i'd be honest and say that while i might fall in love with something high end, i think i love eating more than being broke for the month(s) Smiley Tongue In chinese there is this saying "喝西北风", translated literally "Drink (the) Northwest Wind". Which means to be cold and hungry since all you can afford to eat/drink is air. I don't want that to be me! Man LOL

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.0

@Paradox I agree. Lol. That's why a desire to eat and hanging out over there aren't necessarily compatible. Lol
Rebel 2.8

depends on my mood. I really wish OTG was supported so I could hook up a dragonfly.or a schiit fulla

MEElectronics aka Mee Audio M-Duos: http://www.meeaudio.com/DD53P-BK

or

Mr Speakers Mad Dogs https://mrspeakers.com/mrspeakers-mad-dog-headphones/

@Greed_The_God Loving the brass pieces on the headphones! Smiley Very Happy

Rebel 3.2

These are great, cheap and the controls work great with the robin - http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html?currency=AUD&gclid=CjwKEAjwsYW6BRCTzvu5y8DPhi0SJABn...

www.david-clarke.id.au
Rebel 3.0

Decided to change it up a little tonight and have been using my Grado SR-80s tonight.  Really like the sound of the Grados for rock.

@captainzoli Better for the drums? Smiley Very Happy