What headphones / earphones are you using with your Robin? :D

Rebel 3.0

Re: What headphones / earphones are you using with your Robin? :D

so I'm trying to figure out how those Aiaiai's are configured based on the configurator on aiaiai's website best clues are over ear cups and smartphone mic built in. I can assume those two but the last two parts (speakers and headband) I'm at a bit of a loss. due to the keyword 'vibrant' I'd LIKE to think it's the top teir 100 dollar VIBRANT speakers but... that's simply not affordable given the price (especially when bundled at $150!) so say put the cheapest over ear cups with the cheapest everything else offered and the cost on their website is 160! PLUS the chord is custom colored just sayin. At 150 it is a steal probably subsidized by the profit made on the phone. But at 225 you might be looking at a 50 dollar markup! Not that that money's not going to a good cause anyway Smiley Very Happy

Rebel 3.0

good news! due to the review and excelent  pictures by user matt merenic https://medium.com/@mattmarenic/nextbit-x-aiaiai-tma-2-headphones-review-238f6bd71657#.zbn3ry8zh you know exactly what speakers (big surprise it IS the premium speakers!) and earcups are involved! And I will say it is WELL worth the 225 they charge I am stunned!

Rebel 3.0

Well I'm using the Senhiezer CX180 Street II,

AWESOME headset for just under 1k₹(15-ish$)

Proud rebel of India with his spanking new ember.
Rebel 3.0

Hey Guys,

I'm quite late to the party. I got my Robin yesterday and I used my usual handsfree iPhone headsets, but it seems that none of the iphone buttons (volume up/down/end call) work. I could only listen to the music. Is there a way I could fix this?

If not, what affordable headphones can I use. I want to be able use all handsfree functionalities, like I did with my iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance. Any links would also be amazing Smiley Happy

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@jason unfortunately apple ear/headphones don't play well with andriod and vice versa, especially for ear/headphones with mics / controlls due to difference in hardware.

Are you looking for a wired or bluetooth (wired is more reliable though, imho Smiley Tongue but that is just me.)? In ear buds? Over the ears headphones?

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.0

Was looking for something as simple and functional as the iphone 6 stock headsets. I got a PURO headphones pair and they work fine Smiley Wink

Rebel 2.6

I just happened to have these (except my pair is with turqouise appointments): Sony MDR-ZX600.619ax%2BzrtOL._SL1500_They sound really nice because of their neodymium drivers, they're a great match aesthetically and they're portable as well. They don't cost a fortune either. Go get them if you can, highly recommended!
Can anybody vouch for Urban-ears Plattan headphones though? They do look interesting as well, the pads on my current headphones are falling apart (they're more than 4 years old, that's to be expected by now).

Rebel 3.0

Lots of different ones depending on where I am or what I'm listening to...
cowon_em1_white_191128494598_640x360.jpg

COWON EM-1 in-ear inline mic

(20-22000hz / 16 ohm)

[Club / Techno / Electro / EDM]

WH208.jpg

Nokia in-ear with mic WH-208

(20-20000hz / 32 ohms)

[EDM / Netflix]

RP-F500.jpg

Technics RP-F500 Open Back Studio Monitors

(7-28000hz/ 40ohm)

[Classic Rock / Jazz / Blues / Old Pop]

AKG-K403.jpg

AKG-K403 Vented On-Ears

(40-21000 / 32 ohm)

[Jazz / Blues / Pop]

sena20_s_bluetooth_headset_zoom.jpg

Sena SMH 20S

(Bluetooth and Line-in via TRRS 2.5 to 3.5 shielded converter sitting

perfectly seated inside a Bell Helmet)

[While travelling]

Rebel 3.0

Griffin GC36504 WoodTonesGriffin GC36504 WoodTonesSoundMagic E10SoundMagic E10

Rebel 3.0

Aiaiai TMA-2 headphones all the way!!!

If anyone wants to exchange Nextbit version headset cables with a sealed, coiled set with the 3.5 jack adapter OR same style cable mic in black, let me know Smiley Tongue

I find it that nobody is selling the NextBit headset cable in that color. :\