Bored of the same homescreen? Try ASAP Launcher.
Nextbit Employee Khang
Nextbit Employee
‎07-20-2016 03:32 PM
‎07-20-2016 03:32 PM

If you hadn't realized yet, I change up my homescreen every couple of weeks. I've been using Nova launcher for the past few years and have used all the different gestures, but when I heard about ASAP launcher, I had to give it a shot.

ASAP is a gesture-based launcher allowing you to navigate to different pages and features with quick swipes. Spoiler: It's fast. But there's a small learning curve so you don't accidentally bring up the app drawer instead of a different page. 

How it works (Let's go through the pages):

• The launcher comes with 5 unique homepages: Contacts, Weather, Main screen, Calendar, To-Dos
  • It also has two hidden windows: an App Drawer and what I call a "Most-used apps" 

See below:

This is the Contacts screen that is the first screen. On top are two icons for the contacts app, and dialer.This is the Contacts screen that is the first screen. On top are two icons for the contacts app, and dialer. 

The weather screen is next and features a ton of information based on your location. You can tap on the location icon for more locations and change the temperature to Celsius or Farenheit based on your preference.The weather screen is next and features a ton of information based on your location. You can tap on the location icon for more locations and change the temperature to Celsius or Farenheit based on your preference.

This is your main homescreen. It has an dock that supports five apps. At the top you have a search bar widget that can accommodate weather. If enabled, when you swipe up it will reveal a clock, date, and alarm. Note, you can't drag apps onto the homescreen.This is your main homescreen. It has an dock that supports five apps. At the top you have a search bar widget that can accommodate weather. If enabled, when you swipe up it will reveal a clock, date, and alarm. Note, you can't drag apps onto the homescreen.

This is the Calendar screen that pulls information from Google CalendarThis is the Calendar screen that pulls information from Google Calendar

This is the Task and To-Dos screen. You can add multiple lists and to-do's with easy tapsThis is the Task and To-Dos screen. You can add multiple lists and to-do's with easy tapsThis is the app drawer. You access it by swiping to the right FROM the left edge of the screen, or by tapping on the Menu icon at the top left corner on each pageThis is the app drawer. You access it by swiping to the right FROM the left edge of the screen, or by tapping on the Menu icon at the top left corner on each page

The thing that makes it really cool is how quickly you can navigate among the different screens, and access the most used apps quickly. It's also neat how you can customize the look and feel with different icon packs and themes. 

In the Themes menu, you can adjust the colors of the cards, and highlights. Here, I've changed the color of the highlights to match Robin's colorsIn the Themes menu, you can adjust the colors of the cards, and highlights. Here, I've changed the color of the highlights to match Robin's colors

Let's check out the launcher in action:

That's pretty much it! It's a really clean launcher, with a ton of Material design infused in it. Keep in mind that the developer is adding more features, and there are a couple of things that need to be improved, specifically the weather page since the weather isn't entirely accurate at the moment. However, over time, I believe this launcher will get some more traction and pave the way for launcher innovation. 

You can download ASAP Launcher from the Google Play Store and get the Pro version for around $1.50. 

Sound out below...what's YOUR favorite launcher (besides Nextbit Home, of course)?

3 Comments
libra89
Rebel 3.0

I heard about this other day because people kept talking about it (lol).

It is truly one of my favorite launchers, whoa. So good, minimal and simplistic. 

J3yR0m
Rebel 3.0

Great and lightweight launcher...for fans of meego Smiley Wink

mrtrevelyan
Rebel 3.0

YES! I've been a Nova fan for years (still am), but gave this ASAP launcher a go having read about it on XDA and ended up buying the full version and it's been my daily driver for a month now. It's just very clean and well put together.

There's a few things I'd like tweaked, but there's an active Google+ community where you can suggest changes, I'm sure the popular requests (more gesture control etc) will come in time.

Also found a strange thing re the icon packs - Candyicons in my example wouldn't show all the available icons when customising the icons on screen (even when searching for them on a per icon basis, noting case sensitivity) - I've informed the dev!