DJs and ringtones make Robin happy.
Nextbit Employee Khang
Nextbit Employee
‎04-27-2016 05:00 AM
‎04-27-2016 05:00 AM

When designing Robin, the team wanted to create a phone that people loved listening to music on. The dual, front-facing speakers are loud and crisp, and one of the many reasons why we enjoy it. And, since we’re always testing our device for audio quality, you can always hear SOMETHING playing in our office!

Recently, we partnered with AiAiAi, an audio design company based in Denmark dedicated to developing high-quality headsets, to create a one-of-a-kind product we thought you would love. When the collaboration began, AIAIAI also selected a couple of renowned DJs they sponsor to work with us. As part of the project, they were asked to create unique ringtones with the design ethos of AIAIAI and Nextbit in mind.

About Lauren Lo Sung

Lauren low res-3.jpg

When Lauren was younger, her older siblings would blast music that would influence her immensely. At 11, she convinced her parents to buy her beginner decks and now, the Liverpool native is working with famous DJs across the globe. She’s known for her dub techno sound, and according to Decoded Magazine, ‘weaves a heady mixture of warm sonics and complex layers of sound which wrap her audiences in a cozy blanket of happiness and joy.’ Check out Lauren's song "On My Mind" from her SoundCloud page:

Download Lauren’s Robin ringtone “Patricia”: Patricia.ogg

About Giraffage

charlie_01.jpg

Charlie Yin, AKA Giraffage, is a local SF Bay Area DJ, and record producer who has performed worldwide. His music has won praise from major publications such as FADER and his songs have been called, ‘pleasantly ambient and sample-laden instrumentals,’ and feature ‘...hip-hop-flavored 808 percussion...’ He’s released two albums (Comfort, and Needs) and EPs (Pretty Things, and No Reason). Check out Giraffage's song "Make You Love Me" on SoundCloud:

Download Giraffage’s Robin ringtone “Breeze”: Breeze.ogg

We are so excited about our TMA-2 headphones collab with AIAIAI, and getting to work with fantastic DJs on these ringtones. What DJ or artist has been on your heavy rotation? Tell us about them in the comments and stay tuned for our upcoming contest!

To set up these ringtones on your Robin:

PC instructions

• Download them to a specific location on your PC
    • Plug in your Robin (make sure you choose USB Transfer files)
    • Open the Ringtone Folder in the Robin directory
    • Copy the ringtone file(s) into the folder
    • On your Robin, go to Settings > Sound & notification > Phone ringtone
    • Choose Breeze or Patricia

Robin instructions

• On your phone, download the .ogg files
    • If you have a file manager, like Astro File Manager, open it, and copy the ringtone files from the Download Folder into the Ringtones Folder
    • Next, go to Settings > Sound & notification > Phone ringtone
    • Choose Breeze or Patricia

7 Comments
Rebel on the Rise Chacko1
Rebel on the Rise

Awesome @Khang! Nextbit is branching out and making sound related products and making the Robin sound even better- my dream is coming true! Smiley Happy. For me, Avicii and the Chainsmokers have been my favorites! Definitely gonna check out the songs on SoundCloud soon Smiley Happy

EDIT: Oh my goodness, both songs are absolutely sick!

B-W
Rebel 3.6

These are soooo good!  It makes me excited to be involved (even just as a fan)with a company that can see their product as something more than just a device. Looking forward to what other collabs come down the road! 

p.s. Thanks for including instructions. Robot Happy

snupicel
Rebel 2.6

fantastic DJs? Smiley Happy)

Nextbit Product Expert Darragh
Nextbit Product Expert

Just used one for my nexus 6p ringtone now Smiley Very Happy (even though they are for robin lol )

nomedent
Rebel 3.2

Okay, downloading Astro File Manager was super easy and I am now rocking Patrica as my new ringtone. Thanks. 

Robin86
Rebel 2.8
fantastic work guys :-)
phirewire110
Rebel 3.0

As far as file managers go, I highly suggest Solid Explorer. It's feature packed!