Rooting and Linux

Rebel 2.8

Re: Rooting and Linux

i flashed @d3Xt3r 's flashable stock zip file with twrp and then flashed to stock recovery again,update has come and in the middle of the pogress it failed again. it says :

Source : Nextbit/ether/ether:6.0.1/MM......._1_450:user/release-keys

Target: Nextbit/ether/ether: 7.0/Robin_Nougat_25/00WW_Jenkins_25:user/release-keys

Verifying current system...

/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system image corrupted, attempting to recover...

script aborted: E1004: system partition fails to recover

E: Unknown command (log)

E: Unknown command (log)

E: Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

I: Saving locale ''en_US''

Rebel 2.8

and i tried to flash all .img files in 1450.zip one by one but 2 of them gave errors, one is system.img and other one is KEY_INFO NBQ-00WW-005-keyinfo.img

here is the error about key info :

fastboot flash KEY_INFO NBQ-00WW-005-keyinfo.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'KEY_INFO' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.022s]
writing 'KEY_INFO'...
FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.042s

Rebel 3.2

meboo wrote:

system partition fails to recover

(status 7)

meboo wrote:

These are bad, sounds like the Partition table is bricked, you might want to try the Unbrick tool. 

@Khang, are the partition sizes different for M vs N?

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile - ResurrectionRemix
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

DJ_SpaRky wrote:

meboo wrote:

system partition fails to recover

(status 7)

meboo wrote:

These are bad, sounds like the Partition table is bricked, you might want to try the Unbrick tool. 

@Khang, are the partition sizes different for M vs N?

I am not sure. But I would try to flash the stock 1450 image and then retry.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

Already tried and it hangs at 'system.img', I suggested redownloading it or maybe trying an older version.

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile - ResurrectionRemix
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

This might be a cable issue. Try replacing with another USB Type-C cable to see if it works.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

i downloaded and tried older version too, but system.img refuses to flash in linux terminal

and @Khang , i downloaded and tried to flash stock roms but the main problem is my system is linux and there is no flash-all etc script for us( i assume i am not the only one who uses Linux).i am struggling with terminal about 48 hours and tried 1000 ways and commands but result is a huge zero for me

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

@mebooI've recreated and re-uploaded the 1450 stock ROM zip, can you try flashing this? I've tested it on a second Robin and it works fine for me.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862694684

Rebel 2.8

@d3Xt3r, i tried your other 1450 img file and flashed it succesfully but when i unrooted and flashed stock recovery and tried to update to beta it gave same update fail error.i also tried it with rooted and twrp and tried to update to Beta with flashFire ,but this time Flashfire said that OTA update is a block update etc. and system looks like modified so it also failed.

I am downloading your latest 1450 img file now ,i will try it and will let you know the result.

Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

@d3Xt3r, i downloaded your last uplad file and flashed via TWRP then flashed 1350's recovery as recovery image. i got update and when ugrading it gave error again Smiley Sad here is the error's last part :

Source: Nextbit/ether/ether:6.0.1/MMB29M/00WW_1_450:user/release-keys

Target: Nextbit/ether/ether:7.0/Robin_Nougat_25/00WW_Jenkins_25:user/release-keys

Verifying current system...

script aboted: E3001: Package expects build fingerprint of

Nextbit/ether/ether:6.0.1/MMB29M/00WW_1_450:user/release-keys or Nextbit/ether/ether:7.0/Robin_Nougat_25/00WW_Jenkins_25:user/release-keys ; this device has 6.0.1/MMB29M/00WW_1_350:user/release-keys

E:unknown command

E: Error in @ /cache /recovery/block.map

(status 7)

İnstallation aborted

So i will flash recovery with 1450's again and will try with TWRP Flashfire way.