FINGERPRINT HARDWARE NOT AVAILABLE!

Rebel 3.0

Re: FINGERPRINT HARDWARE NOT AVAILABLE!

@Khang it looks like more and more people are being affected by this. In another thread you mentioned bringing this up to the team, has anything emerged from that? If there is any way I can help please find a solution please let me know. This all started yesterday 7/24 for me. Here is a list of apps that updated before/after it started happening - Google Search, Google Photos, Google Slides, Google Translate, Gogle Zhuyin Input, Google+, PayPal, Quickpic Gallery, Roku, Textra SMS, Verizon Fios Mobile, Yahoo Fantasy Sports. Hopefully there is a solution outside of a replacement device.
#53 Kickstarter Backer - Electric
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@Spano45 A few things you may wish consider trying Smiley Happy

1.  May i know if you have tried using the fingerprint sensor while in safe mode? If it works and shows up again, it might be a conflicting 3rd party app like a launcher or screen lock app

2. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? To do that, turn off phone --> when phone is totally shut down, press vol up + power at the same time and hold --> select Wipe Cache Partition --> reboot

3. If all (knocks on wood!) fails, would you consider a clean fresh factory reset?

hope one of the above solves the issue Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

I have the same problem, I did everything you said, it didn't change a thing, I posted on the forum 3 weeks ago, but no answer...

https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Fingerprint-Sensor-Power-Button/Fingerprint-Hardware-not-available/...
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@maxlaud259 I must have missed that post, sorry about that.

hmmm, seeing that you have tried all the above, it's possible that it's a hardware issue. I would like to suggest that you contact the friendly customer service reps between 9am PST and 6pm PST via life chat (scroll all the way to the bottom till you see " Live chat") here: https://help.nextbit.com

Please do let them know the steps you have taken to check the fingerprint sensor Smiley Happy

Do let us know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

Wilco !
Thanks !
Rebel 2.6

Incredible how this problem is public knowledge, with people suffering for more than a year, and no official response was given. That was not what I expected from Nextbit, which until then seemed to be all right. I have done all the procedures, without result. Please, the only thing I ask is an official response.

Highlighted
Rebel 2.6

When will you have an official solution to this problem?