100 gig storage after next February?

Rebel 3.0
59
22

100 gig storage after next February?

What will happen to our cloud storage once Nextbit stops updating and maintaining their phones?
39 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2
87
67

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

It will probably go away, I would stop using ASAP and download all your important information to a computer. Sooner rather than later.
Rebel 3.0
59
22

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

I guess next Febuary is when I'll be getting maybe the One Plus 3 or 4 then. Lol

Rebel 2.6
2
0

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

The whole premise of the 32Gb storage, was the cloud option. If that goes away, that renders the purchase of the phone useless. I am really angry about this "take the money and disappear" act, again a recent purchaser who wanted to support a small company gets screwed.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1308
1598

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?


lowwhistler wrote:

The whole premise of the 32Gb storage, was the cloud option. If that goes away, that renders the purchase of the phone useless. I am really angry about this "take the money and disappear" act, again a recent purchaser who wanted to support a small company gets screwed.


take the money and disappear? I'm still here...my co workers are still sitting across from me. :/ We will continue to support the device until Feb 2018. That's 2 years. Don't spread misinformation and alternative facts.


#NextNow
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1308
1598

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?


aaharvey0706 wrote:
What will happen to our cloud storage once Nextbit stops updating and maintaining their phones?

Hey there - we plan on implementing a client to download all of your photos that have been archived. It's still in beta.


#NextNow
Rebel 2.6
2
0

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

Misinformation? Alternative Facts? The Robin has disappeared, it is no longer on sale - it has therefore disappeared. I have not been able to find any information on the status of the cloud support at all, remember that was a key selling point of a phone with only 32Gb storage. Are you saying that the cloud storage will remain until Feb 2018?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1308
1598

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?


lowwhistler wrote:

Misinformation? Alternative Facts? The Robin has disappeared, it is no longer on sale - it has therefore disappeared. I have not been able to find any information on the status of the cloud support at all, remember that was a key selling point of a phone with only 32Gb storage. Are you saying that the cloud storage will remain until Feb 2018?


It is no longer on sale through us on official sites, but you can still find it at third-party retailers. If you came late, that's on you. As for cloud storage, that's on us, and we'll continue to support it as long as we support Robin. We do have plans to implement a way for you all to download your archived photos.


#NextNow
Rebel 2.6
3
5

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

Khang,

I purchased the phone last month. So, I expect the warranty to be valid until 12 months from the date of purchase.

 

This is what Nextbit's Warranty literature says - 

---------------

The limited warranty for the smartphone extends for twelve (12) months beginning on the date of the original purchase of the smartphone. The limited warranty for the accessories extends for twelve (12) months beginning on the date of the original purchase for accessories sold separately or included in the sale of the smartphone excluding cases and screen protectors; and thirty (30) days beginning on the date of the original purchase for all cases and screen protectors, unless otherwise specified in the Product user guide.

-----------------

Rebel 2.6
2
1

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

Hello,

 

is there a way to connect the Robin to my own cloud after the end of the cloud storage support?