100 gig storage after next February?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

radkarthik wrote:

Khang,

I purchased the phone last month. So, I expect the warranty to be valid until 12 months from the date of purchase.

This is what Nextbit's Warranty literature says - 

---------------

The limited warranty for the smartphone extends for twelve (12) months beginning on the date of the original purchase of the smartphone. The limited warranty for the accessories extends for twelve (12) months beginning on the date of the original purchase for accessories sold separately or included in the sale of the smartphone excluding cases and screen protectors; and thirty (30) days beginning on the date of the original purchase for all cases and screen protectors, unless otherwise specified in the Product user guide.

-----------------

I understand that, and will bring this up with management to see if we can reevaluate our decision on the warranty.

#NextNow
hmo
Rebel 3.0

While I agree with some accusations that are being levelled at Nextbit right now are very unfair (software updates for 2 years is how it was sold, and that's what we're getting), the warranty support complaints aren't among them - that's totally justified. You buy a phone, and with it you pay for your warranty, and not getting that as sold really is "take the money and run". 

Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

Khang,

Could you please answer the original question of this thread?

What is going to happen to the included 100GB cloud storage after February 2018? Will we all lose this feature in our Robins?

Please answer the question without causing any more confusion. We need a straightforward, uncomplicated, easy to understand, definitive answer for this question.

Blizzard wrote:

Khang,

Could you please answer the original question of this thread?

What is going to happen to the included 100GB cloud storage after February 2018? Will we all lose this feature in our Robins?

Please answer the question without causing any more confusion. We need a straightforward, uncomplicated, easy to understand, definitive asnwer for this question.

Hey there, we'll still supporting all the cloud storage stuff through Feb 2018 too. Right now, I don't have a definite answer, but we're working on implementing a solution for people to grab everything off the cloud after.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.6

Khang,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Are you implying in your answer that the included "100 GB Cloud Smart Storage" feature will cease to exist after February 2018?

Please clarify.

Blizzard wrote:

Khang,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Are you implying in your answer that the included "100 GB Cloud Smart Storage" feature will cease to exist after February 2018?

Please clarify.

No, I'm not implying that. We've wanted to do this for some time already. It's just that 2018 is sooooo far away, and I can't say what's on the roadmap.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Khang,

What will you show at MWC in Barcelona?

Rebel 3.2

"I guess next Febuary is when I'll be getting maybe the One Plus 3 or 4 then. Lol"

Why wait til February? You can pickup an Axon mini today.

Rebel 2.6

Khang,

In my opinion, 100 GB cloud storage is an integral feature of Robin device. For me, that is the key deciding factor to purchase the phone. The cloud storage should be available as long as the device is functional and one uses it. It is unfair to set an expiry date for that. Doing that is is something like providing 'self-destructive' 100GB SD card with the phone. This fails the whole Philosophy of your phone design. 

Rebel 1.2

Khang wrote:

lowwhistler wrote:

The whole premise of the 32Gb storage, was the cloud option. If that goes away, that renders the purchase of the phone useless. I am really angry about this "take the money and disappear" act, again a recent purchaser who wanted to support a small company gets screwed.

take the money and disappear? I'm still here...my co workers are still sitting across from me. :/ We will continue to support the device until Feb 2018. That's 2 years. Don't spread misinformation and alternative facts.

Ummm. Minsiformation and alternate facts? LIke Feb 2018 is 2 years away ? take a fresh peak at the calendar ;-)