100 gig storage after next February?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: 100 gig storage after next February?

dgoettsche wrote:

Khang wrote:

lowwhistler wrote:

The whole premise of the 32Gb storage, was the cloud option. If that goes away, that renders the purchase of the phone useless. I am really angry about this "take the money and disappear" act, again a recent purchaser who wanted to support a small company gets screwed.

take the money and disappear? I'm still here...my co workers are still sitting across from me. :/ We will continue to support the device until Feb 2018. That's 2 years. Don't spread misinformation and alternative facts.

Ummm. Minsiformation and alternate facts? LIke Feb 2018 is 2 years away ? take a fresh peak at the calendar ;-)

We launched the kickstarter in 2015, and then shipped phones in January 2016...sooo...

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

"We launched the kickstarter in 2015, and then shipped phones in January 2016...sooo..."

That is true, but Amazon has been selling them as new devices. The design and manufacturing may be getting old now but they were being sold as new until yesterday and even today just with limited warranty.

Rebel 3.0

@Khang

Now all of you guys from Nextbit team have to concentrate on finding some useful role for cloud syncing LED dots on the back. We all bought Robin because of it. Not because cloud storage Smiley Tongue

Now serious, situation with warranty is really bad and must be handled correctly.

Rebel 2.6

I am considering buying a Nextbit from Amazon knowing full well about the reduced warranty and end of life in February 2018. It would seem that finding a way to update the software so users could sync to their own cloud service could add a lot of life to this product. Is this something being considered?

Rebel 2.6

Dude, Feb 2018 is only ONE year away, not two. Welcome to 2017.

Khang wrote:

lowwhistler wrote:

The whole premise of the 32Gb storage, was the cloud option. If that goes away, that renders the purchase of the phone useless. I am really angry about this "take the money and disappear" act, again a recent purchaser who wanted to support a small company gets screwed.

take the money and disappear? I'm still here...my co workers are still sitting across from me. :/ We will continue to support the device until Feb 2018. That's 2 years. Don't spread misinformation and alternative facts.

Uh, welcome to 2017. Feb 2018 is only ONE year away.

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

@MasterSushi

There is a official tool in development. You can browse forum to see original announcment.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@Tftdguru 2 years since the device started shipping. That's what they have stated since the beginning, 2 years of support in upgrades terms for the device. Feb 2016 to Feb 2018 = 2 years.

Thanks,
D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

@chalx I did see that announcement. While that will be handy to bulk download content saved on their servers, it won't add the sync capability to the device to allow for this feature to be used after February 2018. This is why I was asking if making a software change so users could sync to a cloud service of their choice is being considered. This would allow Nexbit phones to operate as they currently do far beyond February 2018.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@MasterSushi or even sync your Robin to your own cloud at home. This was suggested to the team in the Reddit AMA they did a while ago, and they didn't discard that idea so, who knows...

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

Or even a nominal fee-based service. Surely some cloud storage firm might like to gain all the Robin owners as entry level customers they could upsell?