Android N Update For Nextbit Robin

Rebel 2.8

Re: Android N Update For Nextbit Robin

I still have an issue with the flashlight being able to be accessed from the lockscreen. It's either a bug or a permission problem. When I clicked edit and slid it over to the top 5 icons and then I went to the lockscreen it still won't work and is a grayed out icon but works perfectly fine on the homecreen. I hope this will be fixed. Also when I clicked edit there is a button that says Android Easter egg- do any of you know how to activate it?
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

This seems to work on 7.1.1.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Are the backlights now linked to the bottom light?

I believe that the two sets of lights were considered separate and I wanted to know if they have been linked. I use LightFlow and the bottom light can be controlled, but not the bottom one. 

Rebel 2.8

I'm on a 3G data plan. Now my Robin only shows "3G" instead of "H" most of the time before. Still have to do a speed test though... 

Have 3G and H have been combined to one single 3G mode maybe? ^^

Rebel 2.8

It really might be combined but probably not. From my understanding 3g is the better of the two. I would think worry about it though.
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

[ Edited ]

Hello @Dawson77 and @WIELAND

If I am correct H is HSPA which is pretty much 3.5G (which would be better than 3G)

And H+ is HSPA+ which is pretty much 4G but closer to the 3G spectrum. Let's call it 3.9G?

So it is possible that H and 3G were combined. So it would be 3G, H+, LTE, (and I forget if there is LTE+)

Wouldn't worry about it too much though

Edit:

Check out this article if you'd like https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-3G-and-HSDPA-or-H+-appearing-on-the-phone-netwo...

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 2.8

Oh yeah! That's true! I was getting confused haha. You know that actually does make since now that they would be combined. It could be a weird signal glitch though. Don't take my word for it though haha
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

I wouldn't worry about it too much @Dawson77
I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 2.6

I updated my robin tonight and it keep reboot in a few seconds 

I can take any of my phone or data back in this situation 

what can i do????

Hlep!!!

Rebel 3.0

So after a while using the 7.0 Nougat update (now on beta 7.1), my device is running so much smoother. Less lag, not getting as hot, battery is better, etc. Plus it's awesome to see my wallpaper finally preloaded into the OS. Feels so weird seeing something you made on a product for the first time Smiley Tongue

(PS: I noticed in the about phone section there's a Legal Infomation section with a Wallpaper's item listing only some satelite imagery providers. Any way I might be able to get my name put there? If not, no worries XD Just wondering)