Android N Update For Nextbit Robin

bwp
Rebel 2.6

Re: Android N Update For Nextbit Robin

Wow. Great news.

Khang, quick question on the security patches.  Does the upgrade to Nougat (with the March 2017 security patch) "fill in the blanks" for Marshmallow users that have Sept. 1 2016 patch?  

Also, one idea for your new management.  I appreciate very much that Razer is providing support to the Robin until Feb 2018. Given the importance of security patches, is the firm open to providing security patches until the end of 2018?  (Frankly, I'd be willing to pay a small amount to ensure this continuity. Secuirty is important to me and would at least like to see that support continue for as long as possible.)

Also, last question. Will the Nextbit get the new Google Assistant?  Do you guys have any control on when that gets distributed?

Thanks,
Bryan 

Rebel 3.2

@bwp i can answer a bit for you... Regarding the assistant. All phones with marshmallow n above will be eligible for it. But it's a gradual rollout, some users have already received it. I think it's only in USA now.. but will see a broader release.

I don't get your first question but if you mean that will non beta users be upgraded in terms of the security patch then yes. Finally, the second question is something i cannot answer since i don't work there. Cheers!
Rebel 2.6

Hi khang! Does this update includes better battery management?

Rebel 2.8

Wonderful! Will you guys just skip the beta 4 and roll out the 7.0 final? I think the 7.0 beta is fine, no big bugs so far. I suggest you to do so because the final build can made Android pay work again. It's a benefit for many people.

Can't wait to see official beta test on the 7.1 build! I love you guys bringing this update to us.
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

wkkwan wrote:
Wonderful! Will you guys just skip the beta 4 and roll out the 7.0 final? I think the 7.0 beta is fine, no big bugs so far. I suggest you to do so because the final build can made Android pay work again. It's a benefit for many people.

Can't wait to see official beta test on the 7.1 build! I love you guys bringing this update to us.

Yeah I believe 7.0 will roll out first soon and that will be great for everyone. 7.1 will most likely roll out soon after for beta testers.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

Will that be within the next couple days or will we have to wait until next week to see this?
Rebel 2.6

ETA for OTA?

You indicated there are other approvals necessary after Google final approval. So what are we looking at next?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

ah06 wrote:

ETA for OTA?

You indicated there are other approvals necessary after Google final approval. So what are we looking at next?

We will be rolling out this week. Confirmed from engineers.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Khang Thank You and all the other hard working devs and beta testers. For putting our a stable N build for this great phone!!!!! I am so glad no one rushed getting this out because there is nothing worse then a rushed build with tons of problems and constant updates to fix all problems. Thank you !!!!!!!!!
Rebel 2.8

Finally!!