Battery Problems

Rebel 2.8

Battery Problems

Recently I have been experiencing some random power-down events, even when I have not completely exhausted the battery. Over the past few weeks, it was shutting down at about 20% (remaining battery life). This is before the phone even starts warning you that battey is low. Today, I have had multiple instances of it shutting down at about 47%. (See attached screenshot)

Has anyone ever experienced this? 

The phone is so far unmolested, running the last update from Nextbit, 6.0.1, and the latest security patch was on September 1 2016. 

On a side note, I am disappointed that a company that advertised quicker update times than subsidized phones from US carriers has a slower update cycle than recent (android) phones sold at these flagship carriers. 

2 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Battery Problems

Know issue. I think that team is familiar with problem and shoud release fix soon with N. 

Rebel 2.8

Re: Battery Problems

mattmarenic wrote:

Know issue. I think that team is familiar with problem and shoud release fix soon with N. 

That's good to know @mattmarenic. Although I am somewhat wary of the timeline of "soon with N" since they've been quite silent about it.