Battery randomly dropping to 0%

Rebel 2.8

Battery randomly dropping to 0%

Hi there,

for the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a strange behavior:
I'm using my phone regularly, and I have plenty of battery, and suddenly the energy saver mode kicks in and the phone instantly shuts down. I have to charge it to power it back up. This happened at different percentages, ranging from 15 to 55%. See the screenshot below for the battery diagram.

Now I have noticed that this has happened a lot while I'm outside, and it's pretty cold in Germany right now (-5 to -10° Celsisus), so I have a theory that it MIGHT be because of that. But also, that's not too cold for a phone fo function, right?

Otherwise I really hope this can be fixed via software update because I'd really hate to have to ship my Robin back to the US foe warranty.

Hope someone can help!
25 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Battery randomly dropping to 0%

maurice wrote:
Hi there,

for the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a strange behavior:
I'm using my phone regularly, and I have plenty of battery, and suddenly the energy saver mode kicks in and the phone instantly shuts down. I have to charge it to power it back up. This happened at different percentages, ranging from 15 to 55%. See the screenshot below for the battery diagram.

Now I have noticed that this has happened a lot while I'm outside, and it's pretty cold in Germany right now (-5 to -10° Celsisus), so I have a theory that it MIGHT be because of that. But also, that's not too cold for a phone fo function, right?

Otherwise I really hope this can be fixed via software update because I'd really hate to have to ship my Robin back to the US foe warranty.

Hope someone can help!

Holy moly that's crazy! I'll forward this to the engineers to see if we can duplicate it! Can you tell me about any apps you might have been running at the time as well as the build number you were on?

#NextNow
Rebel 2.6

The same thing is happening to me recently, but only when I'm playing Pokemon Go. Battery goes to 50% to zero suddenly, in less than one second, and when I put the phone in charge and I immediately turn it on the battery is around 40%.

Rebel 2.8

It has happened with all kinds of apps running, so I don't know about that. I'm on the latest build (00WW_1_450, according to system settings).
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Coincidentally I've been having the same issue.

I thought it was just me @maurice @Khang

I reported mine via the Google Forms Doc, along with links to a video recording of the issue happening or at least explaining it.

Signature Fonts
Rebel 2.6

I've also been having the same issue currently while it was around 30%.

And it has happened with all kinds of apps running.

Besides, I've got another issue that my battery dropped faster(Eventhough I'm not using it, it's able to drop almost 20% from morning to afternoon) and charged slower(it sometimes keeps dropping while in charge).

I thought it might have some relationship between these issue.

Rebel 1.8

Same has been happening to me . form 15% to 0. Mainly when I go on snapchat. but when i load the phone up again its on 5%. Lack of update on next bit is fustrating me. So by the end of Feb I will be leaving you. Loved the phone to begin with but slowly it seems like nextbit dont even care about the product. so why should i.

Rebel 3.2

I totally agree with your comment.

I will be going on my 3rd Robin whenever they get stock back in.

First two had Volume, Camera, BATTERY, connecting to 5ghz, Boot loader issues and overheating issues.

Supposedly – I was told that I am a rare case but from reading the posts on the community they are not rare they are pretty much on par with what everyone else is having problems with. I was told that I need to return the phone so that they can be investigated by the engineers then fixed. I was told that due to the Chinese New Year it would be mid Feb to early March before I would get a replacement. I Told Khang that they will sit on a shelf and I will just mark it up as a loss…. I also signed up for beta testing 24th of December and got all the info back stating OK you’re a tester but to this day I have not gotten anything so I can get the software or get into the groups as promised…. 

Rebel 2.8

Okay after you pointed it out, I noticed that it also mainly happens in Snapchat for me! Most of the time when captioning a picture I just took. Maybe it has to do with the GPS or something.

It would be great if you could investigate this, @Khang!

Rebel 3.2

Having same problem. Here in Croatia is also cold and when I'm outside same thing happen. Maybe battery is not isolated enough for cold weather?