Battery randomly dropping to 0%

Rebel 2.6

Re: Battery randomly dropping to 0%

asd22019766 wrote:

I've also been having the same issue currently while it was around 30%.

And it has happened with all kinds of apps running.

Besides, I've got another issue that my battery dropped faster(Eventhough I'm not using it, it's able to drop almost 20% from morning to afternoon) and charged slower(it sometimes keeps dropping while in charge).

I thought it might have some relationship between these issue.

well, I don't think it is caused by the cold weather cuz I live in Taiwan and it's 20 degrees Celsius at least here.

Rebel 2.6

New update: now it happened also when I was using the camera and when I was on Facebook. It seems the problem is not about what app is running.

Recognized Developer

I think the problem is not about the app, but about how much power is consuming. Maybe the battery deteriorated. Does The phone instant turns off or it does the "normal" shutdown procedure?

I had a similar issue with the htc one m8, after about 2 years the battery started to deteriorate and the phone started always to instant-turn-off when near the 30% using a power-expensive app (camera, flash, games, snapchat, etc.)

The side effect of this issue was that after the instant-turn-off the data partition was damaged with the consequent loss of all the data and a mandatory factory reset.

I'm just telling u this story for advice. I suggest u to start doing more frequent backups of your data until the issue will be more clear.

Rebel 2.8

No, you can see the energy saving mode kick in (orange nav bars) and a notification saying "0% battery left". Then it shuts off like normal, with the animation and final vibration.
Rebel 3.2

It is not the apps its the poor battery installed. I will be on my 3rd Robin due to yet another bad battery, speakers and camera in less than 2 months.The battery is not great. I use the phone for more than just calls, txt's and social media... and let me tell you on both of them you could fry an egg on either after the littlest usage.. Charging takes 3 to 4 hrs on a pc to get it from 80% to a 100% and when used with any certified qualcom chargers it never "fast charges". always states slow..  I get about 4hrs when used as I use it.. I always have a spare portable battery charger ready just because of this. If you read the forums you will see others have similar issues as we do and this phone is not really made for folks that use their phones constantly, its good for the standard txt's, phone calls, basic social media apps and some surfing. I use it way past that - Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, Tethering as well as a WiFi hotspot, VPN and Several remote desktop tools.. I travel alot and use the phone constantly.. I had to go out and purchase a namebrand LG Nexus 5x so that I could function again. I gave up a really nice IPhone 6s+ for the Robin. I never had a issue with the IPhone nore do I have any issues with the LG and that phone lasts 8 to 9hrs before I need to charge it at all... So back to your statement of its the apps its not. Its the design of the small battery installed and the lack of in Marshmallow 6.01 any battery support controls.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Deathsykle wrote:

It is not the apps its the poor battery installed. I will be on my 3rd Robin due to yet another bad battery, speakers and camera in less than 2 months.The battery is not great. I use the phone for more than just calls, txt's and social media... and let me tell you on both of them you could fry an egg on either after the littlest usage.. Charging takes 3 to 4 hrs on a pc to get it from 80% to a 100% and when used with any certified qualcom chargers it never "fast charges". always states slow..  I get about 4hrs when used as I use it.. I always have a spare portable battery charger ready just because of this. If you read the forums you will see others have similar issues as we do and this phone is not really made for folks that use their phones constantly, its good for the standard txt's, phone calls, basic social media apps and some surfing. I use it way past that - Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, Tethering as well as a WiFi hotspot, VPN and Several remote desktop tools.. I travel alot and use the phone constantly.. I had to go out and purchase a namebrand LG Nexus 5x so that I could function again. I gave up a really nice IPhone 6s+ for the Robin. I never had a issue with the IPhone nore do I have any issues with the LG and that phone lasts 8 to 9hrs before I need to charge it at all... So back to your statement of its the apps its not. Its the design of the small battery installed and the lack of in Marshmallow 6.01 any battery support controls.

Do you guys have a logcat that you can link me to when this happens? I'm sure our team would love to see these problems.

#NextNow
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Khang wrote:

Do you guys have a logcat that you can link me to when this happens? I'm sure our team would love to see these problems.

How do we do that? @Khang

Signature Fonts
Rebel 2.8

Yeah it would be great if you could tell us how to do that.

Also, since I've started paying attention to it, I'm 99% sure it has something to do with Snapchat. The last three crashes happened while captioning a snap I just took.
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

You guys can use SysLog to get the logcat. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
Without root you can't save system or modem logs, but I guess the other ones are enough (what you can get without root). Then, save it to drive and link to them here so Khang can send them to the team.

Thanks!
D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.8

After a crash? Before? Or right now?