Beta Testing

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Beta Testing

Hi @rafishant, they just satisfied what they said when they started shipping the Robin, that it would be supported for at least 2 years. And that's what they have done. And there's already 1 more year until they stop bringing updates to the Robin.
Also, I have to say this is the standard in phones. Not many phones get updates during more than 2 years.
Thaanks for your feedback

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

" @Thomas_guide seriously, there is no need to be unkind to the TS. Let's keep things civil ok? Smiley Happy I know you are frustrated, but there's no need to lash out at the poor TS who was just asking an innocent question. "

Really? Like how civil Razer has been to the community that supported the Robin? That kind of civil?

I mean asking to beta test this late in the game? Are they even accepting new beta testers? If so why?"

Thomas_guide wrote:

Really? Like how civil Razer has been to the community that supported the Robin? That kind of civil?

I mean asking to beta test this late in the game? Are they even accepting new beta testers? If so why?"

@Thomas_guide razer is a company not a person. A company has more than a single decision maker who can make bad choices.

However you are a human being and you are in control of your own decisions. You can make good decisions. Ts (threadstarter) did not say or do anything to you, so why such words.

Like i said i understand your frustrations, in fact most if the community does as well, but do not take it out on other fellow community members.

You can choose to be angry, lash out at all and any who are also in the same plight, alienating yourself, or you can choose grace and community and work with us, the rest of the community, to help turn this unhappiness around and make it a better place. 

It doesn't cost you to be civil to another human being, or kind to another living thing. Anger and resentment just makes a person unhappy and bitter, pushing people who want to help, away. Is it worth it? All that anger over usd$150/$250/$290/$399 or however much you paid for your robin. Life is so much more than that if you choose it to be so. 

Tl;dr:

I am not saying that there is nothing not to be upset about. I am just saying that dont take it out on the people around who have had nothing to do with this decision or the decision was taken out of their hands. Be fair.

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

How do I update to nougat? I am at the beta program and not sure how to update

@baconman4321 you will receive the update sooner or later. You will get a notification when that happens.

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]
thank you for adding me to beta testing. Now I have one doubt. My brother liked my Robin and I gifted him the same. I have signed out my cloud storage and completed a factory date reset to. Now my brother is using it with his email I'd. Will he receive the benefits and updates of beta testing since you have already accepted and added me to the beta testing group? If so will it affect my mail I'd's privacy (which I used to sign in )to robin? Please help me to clarify my doubt.
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Linodavis1 wrote:
thank you for adding me to beta testing. Now I have one doubt. My brother liked my Robin and I gifted him the same. I have signed out my cloud storage and completed a factory date reset to. Now my brother is using it with his email I'd. Will he receive the benefits and updates of beta testing since you have already accepted and added me to the beta testing group? If so will it affect my mail I'd's privacy (which I used to sign in )to robin? Please help me to clarify my doubt.

Our beta testing is only by Serial Number and IMEI, so he will receive the beta updates. You don't need to worry about anything.

#NextNow
Rebel 1.2

What should i do if i am unable to install the nougat update ? phone is completely stock and original , yet the installation aborts before finishing.  Anyone up to helping me ? 

Ps
Rebel 3.0

I had applied 2 weeks back, will i be getting an email or automatically update will show in my device?

Could anyone confirm if Nextbit has recieved my application?