Broken screen exchange PERGATORY :(

Rebel 3.2

Broken screen exchange PERGATORY :(

[ Edited ]

January 13th I started the process of replacing my broken Robin screen. After a few days of logistics, it was sent in.  I know that I could get a new one for about $150, but it was an Electric with a Kickstarter OG gold SIM tray.   I even sent a request to make sure the gold tray was sent back to me. 

First, I am reassured that they would do everything they could to get me the gold tray, and and electric again as it would be replaced rather than repaired.  Then told due to logistics my gold tray was gone, but they'd do what they could to get me an Electric.  

Repeatably, a week goes by and nothing.  I email, they reassure me I will be emailed when it's sent.  

When I politely asked for more details regarding the delays, I finally got info that because of the Razr business, there have been unforseen delays in processing my request.  Again, I am told I will get an email when my new phone is sent. 

Honestly, I cannot fathom how it can take so long to put a phone in a FedEx envelope and send it.  WILL SOMEONE AT NEXTBIT PLEASE SEND ME A PHONE BACK!. 

I'm just tired of waiting, tired of having to be the one to ask questions rather than having someone explain the delay. Very frustrated.....

@Khang Any ideas? You were my guardian angel who found my missing Bruises case way back when.  

3 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Broken screen exchange PERGATORY :(

nomedent wrote:

January 13th I started the process of replacing my broken Robin screen. After a few days of logistics, it was sent in.  I know that I could get a new one for about $150, but it was an Electric with a Kickstarter OG gold SIM tray.   I even sent a request to make sure the gold tray was sent back to me. 

First, I am reassured that they would do everything they could to get me the gold tray, and and electric again as it would be replaced rather than repaired.  Then told due to logistics my gold tray was gone, but they'd do what they could to get me an Electric.  

Repeatably, a week goes by and nothing.  I email, they reassure me I will be emailed when it's sent.  

When I politely asked for more details regarding the delays, I finally got info that because of the Razr business, there have been unforseen delays in processing my request.  Again, I am told I will get an email when my new phone is sent. 

Honestly, I cannot fathom how it can take so long to put a phone in a FedEx envelope and send it.  WILL SOMEONE AT NEXTBIT PLEASE SEND ME A PHONE BACK!. 

I'm just tired of waiting, tired of having to be the one to ask questions rather than having someone explain the delay. Very frustrated.....

@Khang Any ideas? You were my guardian angel who found my missing Bruises case way back when.  

Hey there, unfortunately yes we've seen some operations delays due to integration, but we're trying to get everything back on track. Can you PM me your details so i can look into it? Also any ticket number you might have handy?

Thanks,

Khanger

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

Okay, an update for anyone who cares.....

First off Khang is awesome.  He is out of the country and has been helping me figure this out.  Below is the last email I received from support. Not super encouraging.  My credit card was charged on January 23rd for the repair. 

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in.

We really don' know any dates for replacement shipments. We were told things we be shipped and resolved several days ago, but this has not occurred, so I do not feel comfortable giving any timelines, as they keep getting delayed and I am not in the shipping warehouse replacing Robin myself, as much as I wish I was at this point. There are many people who have replacement delays and have been waiting over a month for a replacement, so you are not alone is this boat and I wish there was more I could do, but that is the current situation and we are shipping out replacements as fast as we can.

I am sorry I don't know more and I do apologize for these delays, as I agree that it is ridiculous that we have so many customers who have waited over a month for a replacement. I wish they would not have told us it would be resolved in a couple of days, when it was not, but I will continue to check for tracking daily for you and will keep you updated to the best of my ability.

If you have any other questions or comments, please let me know.

Thanks,

So, my last message from Khang involved him finding out that my personal issue was that they are out of stock on the Electric colorway. He asked if I was okay with a switch.  I'm not happy with a switch, but it's better than no phone so I okayed the change.  I was already disappointed in the fact that I forgot to grab my gold early Kickstarter SIM tray. I've been told that is missing in action somewhere at Nextbit. 

I have loved my experience with the Nextbit Robin. I have also appreciated the diligent work of Khang through this forum.  Beyond that, my experience first with the original delays in shipments, the delay in Bruises case, and now my delay in repair/replacement have finally trumped my love of the phone.  

Logistics.  Logistics and communication.  

Stop saying things will arrive by a certain time if it is possible they won't.  Through this repair/replacement fiasco, i have several emails telling me the phone will be sent "in a few days, then you'll get an email".  OMG stop telling people this unless that sh#t is happening for sure.  Just like the original delays, if there are big issues- just own it and say that.  

Ugh.  

Rebel 3.2

Ya, Ive been with a Robin that is unable to receive SMS since December! Really hope we get some good news soon.