Can not use game controller by Bluetooth!

Rebel 2.8

Can not use game controller by Bluetooth!

Just bought a new phone instead this suck Robin.
Why this simple function can not use on Robin?
Really regret have this phone...
8 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Can not use game controller by Bluetooth!

Seems like bluetooth is stuffed on this phone... Man Sad

Rebel 2.8

What BT issues are you having? 

I haven't tried a game controller yet, but I've streamed tons of music over BT, have a BT smartwatch that works fine, and just today I used a BT OBDii dongle to diagnose and repair a problem on my car. While driving, it gave me perfect readings of everything that was going on live in the car, all over BT. 

In short, I'm a pretty heavy BT user and I've never had a single hiccup with any of my connections. The only thing I haven't tried, however, is a game controller. Are those the only things that don't work? 

Rebel 3.2

Remarkably and unexplicably, my bluetooth finally turned back on yesterday. So far so good. I can't explain why it didn't work for about a week...

Rebel 2.8

Well, I've noticed BT turns itself off when I get below 15% of battery remaining. That's when my smartwatch stops connecting and until I plugged it in I wasn't able to turn it back on. Maybe the power save options were giving you a hard time?

Rebel 2.6

I got a Bluetooth Controller with a cheap VR headset that I bought recently.

The controller paired up fine. But none of the buttons would work. No matter which mode I switched the controller to. It was frustrating.

It took me about 12 hours, draining a set of batteries in the controller before I finally started looking for help online.

I found that in Android 6, that there are serious Bluetooth issues with this particular phone. Which results in my having to wait until the next OS release to see if my controller will work. Or I will have to buy another one.

My intended use for the VR headset and Bluetooth controller is for Second Life. There is a VR compatible viewer for it called Lumiya that happens to run really well on my phone. And I would love to get the full function a controller will bring to it.

Rebel 2.6

I just got my Robin and as much as I love it, it won't let me use my car's built-in controls (2012 Jetta) when listening to any form of audio. I don't see the song info and I can't press forward or back. Never had issues with all my previous phones though. I'm on 6.0.1 and still no luck

Rebel 2.6

Robin's Bluetooth is patchy at best, and from my experience here, there is very little help available and zero interest from Nextbit.
Good luck!
Rebel 2.6

After the Nougat update. I tried my Bluetooth Controller.

And well. Things turned out great. Controller paired up and is working fine. I spent the last couple of hours experimenting with it and my VR headset in Second Life.

I'm one very satisfied user right now.