Ever since Nougat my device keeps rebooting!

Rebel 2.6

Ever since Nougat my device keeps rebooting!

It's been days after the update, and my phone keeps restarting. Both when in use, or not being used (I realise when it's restarted when not in use as my Barclays app signs out). Any fix for this?? Anyone else experiencing this?
6 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Re: Ever since Nougat my device keeps rebooting!

I have noticed this as well. My device has rebooted without notice 2-3 times since installing Nougat. 

Rebel 2.8

I have had zero reboots on the official 7.0 drop from Next bit.

On all of the 7.X.X roms available I rebooted multiple tmes a day. 

I have been running the official release since last Friday. Note: I did completely wipe my device by reinstallining 6.X and then allowing it to upgrade to 7.0 through the OTA.  I had made a shiz ton of changes and wanted it to be fresh. Only a few bluetooth issues for me on 7.0

Rebel 2.6

The restarts have stopped now (I didn't have a beta, just the commercial release). But now it's randomly being INSANELY slow, with super laggy lock screen and random apps not working (also some settings are changing without me touching them). Considering going back to marshmallow till this is all fixed.
Rebel 2.8

It seems that this is an issue with Chrome and maybe one other app. I was having the same issue (and still am to a certain extent) but after clearing Chrome's data, it seems to have help reduce the reboots. It would only happen with me when using apps that use some sort of code related to Chrome (example: YouTube or Google+)

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

MJonesDev wrote:

It seems that this is an issue with Chrome and maybe one other app. I was having the same issue (and still am to a certain extent) but after clearing Chrome's data, it seems to have help reduce the reboots. It would only happen with me when using apps that use some sort of code related to Chrome (example: YouTube or Google+)

Hey guys, let's move over to Razer Insider and start the thread there. The community has already begun migrating. However, when your phone crashes next time, can you please create a log for us in the Developers Option on the device and send that to us (for the time being, community@nextbit.com).

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Okay, thank you. I am still having some recent problems, so I started a thread on Razer. 

https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/random-reboots-on-7-0.22218/