Finger Print Scanner:Need to press and hold power butto unlock the device. Also cant lock the phone.

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8

Re: Finger Print Scanner:Need to press and hold power butto unlock the device. Also cant lock the ph

I'm glad I could help! It took me a while to figure this out, too... Nova Launcher has an option (using root) that overrides this behaviour, btw. I'm using that to lock my screen with a gesture and unlock with the fingerprint.
Rebel 2.8

Re: Finger Print Scanner:Need to press and hold power butto unlock the device. Also cant lock the ph

Hi Ruggles , I am using Screen off without any PIN. 

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Datgrey , I havent rooted my Robin yet.. I wish there is a non root solution available out there..

Rebel 2.6

No that is not how a fingerprint scanner usually works. I had a blu pure xl and currently have a huawei honor 5x both have the fingerprint scanner on the back and once you set up a fingerprint you can place your finger on it and it wakes and unlocks the phone you do not have to wake the phone first. I just received a robin today and I am pissed about this if I would have known the fingerprint scanner was going to be like this I never would have bought the phone. Also no double tap to wake feature? I thought this was standard now on a phone in this price range. So basically the fingerprint scanner is useless on this phone. I guess I'm going to resell this phone on eBay because this is a deal breaker for me this is like going back to early days of android having to press my power button every time I want to turn my phone on and off. What a let down I really wanted this phone.
Rebel 1.0

Shame on Nextbit who has only onesided mind.I'll also sell mine and never again buy products from Nextbit.