Gamepad support?

Rebel 1.0

Gamepad support?

Greetings,

I recently returned a Bluetooth gamepad after several unsuccessful attempts to get the gamepad to function with my gamepad. My question is has anyone had success with a Bluetooth Gamepad working with the Nextbit Robin? If you have please post the name of the gamepad you had success with.

Thanks in advance for the help.
6 REPLIES
Rebel 2.6

Re: Gamepad support?

I just noticed the same and was pretty disappointed (at Nextbit, not at the gamepad company). I bought a Mad Catz CTRLr and it didn't work at all with the Robin even though the gamepad requires Android 3 or later. Then I connected it to my old Nexus 5 and it works perfectly. 

@nextbit Please fix gamepad support! Android supports it and so should the Robin.

Robot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot SadRobot Sad

Rebel 2.8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IMSVVTU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

711aU1c6cwL._SL1000_.jpg

That one works without issue's, though I am on the Nougat beta and have not tested it on marshmellow.

Rebel 2.6

I am wondering if the fix is in Nougat. We have tried two different one handed VR gamepads and one Power A Moga, we could never get them to work. Also, the gamepad/external keyboard options are noticeably absent from Robin's version of Marshmallow 

Rebel 2.6

I know this is late but I'm a new Robin owner and I'm also having issues with this. I got the Chinese T3 Bluetooth controller. It pairs with the Robin but just doesn't work. I tested it on 2 other devices and it works fine with those. WTF? Now we're in March, has anyone had success? 

Rebel 2.8

I'm also in the Beta, so YMMV there, but I recently got an 8bitdo Zero and while it was a little fussy about pairing at first, it works just like you'd expect, and I think the most recent update fixed the fussy pairing. I've mostly used it with Game Boy Advance emulators.

Sounds like it may be something that'll be fixed with Nougat, since that's two of us now saying it's fine in the Beta.

Rebel 2.6

OK that's great thanks. A little annoying it's not working for me but at least it should eventually.