Headphone socket not working fully

Rebel 2.6

Re: Headphone socket not working fully

I just submitted a ticket for this. Same problem. First with an external speaker then with a pair of earbuds. There is something wrong inside the jack that constantly (every few seconds) disrupts the connection and you have to pull it out and plug it back in. I've moved mainly to Bluetooth so I didn't notice this the first few weeks. Hopefully the replace my device, not too thrilled!

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@allebacj I know it sounds weird, but if you are not too wild about being without a phone during the replacement process, maybe you can try using a toothpick to "clean" out the jack. Sometimes it might just be a dusty/linty socket that causes the disruption Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

I can jump back to my Nexus 5X. Ha. I think it did it from day one. I do carry it in my pocket so it could be lint but I've re-plugged that headset like 100 times. You'd think that alone would clear it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@allebacj Smiley Tongue I think plugging in just pushes the lint inwards rather than clearing it out Man LOL

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

I have the same issue as @allebacj, its not a lint issue for sure. My Robin is exhibiting the same behavior for calls, but when I switch to a music app, it works just fine. Sounds more of a software issue than a hardware one.
Rebel 1.0

With the headphones inserted into the jack, I rebooted the phone. And now the headphones miraculously works again!! Hallelujah!
I can hear!!!
Rebel 2.8

Sir its not socket fault even i was thinking that but is is not u have to plug in it tightly is it will work better as new...