How do people fell about the widgets on a second screen?

SOLVED
Rebel 3.0

How do people fell about the widgets on a second screen?

I must say I am not very fond of the widget system. I like having information quickly at a glance. Now I have to pinch to zoom or hold a button... I don't like that. Widgets are for fast info. My favourite being a big clock with weather and next appointments.

What do other people think?

Do you use widgets?

Which ones?

Will your homescreen layouts now change?

14 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: How do people fell about the widgets on a second screen?

Thats the beauty about android. You can change launcher and get your widgets working the way you want and get to keep the cloud syncing functionality Smiley Happy

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 3.6

I personally don't care either way. I've never used widgets (other than a clock maybe). I find them kind of busy looking. But as somebody else mentioned, just install a launcher and you'll be good to go.

Rebel 3.2

I agree u can always throw Google launcher on. I think it may take some time to get use to nextbitsys version of Robin. I'm going into it with an open mind. Worst case...Google launcher

Highlighted
Rebel 3.6

casualt wrote:

I must say I am not very fond of the widget system. I like having information quickly at a glance. Now I have to pinch to zoom or hold a button... I don't like that. Widgets are for fast info. My favourite being a big clock with weather and next appointments.

What do other people think?

Do you use widgets?

Which ones?

Will your homescreen layouts now change?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I kinda like the idea. Almost like a hub for live info. I might actually use widgets if they're not clouding up my homescreen.

Rebel 3.2

Trust me, you'll get use to it and you'll start to like it.

but thats the power of Android.. If you don't then change it easily!

Rebel 3.2

I like widgets. I think it is silly to not offer widgets on stock launcher.
I have two screens. my home screen has google now widget, daily agenda, and a flash light button. On my second screen I have a full sized monthly calendar.

I often check my calendar and like to simply swipe to the right and seeing a full month view
Rebel 2.8

I stopped most of my widget use when Google Now was moved to the left of the home screen, as that's where I kept them. Now I only use a clock widget on the home screen. I'm sure I'll get used to having none. 

Rebel 3.0

Too bad I bought a nextbit phone and would like to use their launcher. Installing other lauchers can affect battery life. Ah well beggers can't be choosers.

Rebel 3.2

Anyone notice theres only one widget and that's the calender one. I was hoping for the lock screen clock