I'm afraid I'm done, Rebels

Rebel 3.0

Re: I'm afraid I'm done, Rebels

The nextbit robin does use a pretty old camera sensor but I do not know why but in the back of my mind i feel like they havent maximize the potential of this sensor. Despite the limitations of the hardware, I feel like Nextbit can still somehow manipulate the software in to creating better picture quality and camera experience. Maybe thats just a wish of mine but I am keeping my fingers crossed that nextbit is continually working on the camera. One thing I do like about Nextbit is that I feel like they are working hard to improve the phone experience as fast as they can. Unlike many bigger companies where they just release a phone and either do not continue to improve it or wait a long time before an update improvement reaches the phone

Rebel 2.8

Nextbit has a good sensor but software optimization needs lots of resources and time. I hope they can keep improving speed and quality of the camera.
Rebel 3.2

@JoeyBetamax, I acknowledged that this was an apples to oranges comparison. I also acknowledged that the Nextbit is a great value for its price. But, at some point, a phone, no matter who makes it, has to meet a certain standard. Some of the items I mentioned are subjective, like the camera and NFC, as these work and may be good enough for some people. At the end of the day, however, it was the battery that was the final straw. No battery, no phone. I understand that phones degrade over time, but you shouldn't lose half your battery within 2 hours after only 9 months of use.

So, you asked what the point of my post was. It was to highlight these issues and provide feedback to Nextbit as to how they lost a customer. I hope I made it clear that they did not lose me in a "you guys suck" fashion. The phone simply didn't fit my individual needs. Kickstarters are always a gamble, and Nextbit overcame incredible odds to survive theirs. I'm very supportive of what Nextbit accomplished, and I sincerely hope they can follow OnePlus's lead and hold on for a Round 2 with a better offering. My goal was just to offer constructive criticism to help them focus those efforts. 

Rebel 3.2

You also have to take into consideration that this is the first phone. How did Motorola or HTC do with their first android phones? I doubt they were this good for this price.  Look at oneplus it's taken them 3 attempts to make a decent phone some would argue that they still need more work. Nextbit has done an amazing job with it's first attempt. I don't believe the oneplus 1 was as good as this phone is today.  I think the battery issues will be resolved either with an update to this phone or a larger battery in Robin 2. Just the fact that this phone will be updated Nougat puts it ahead every Chinese oem except for maybe 3 of them, and even some big oems. Samsung? Are the GS7's getting updated anytime soon?

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Smiley Tongue actually i was on of those who paid USD$399 on preorder for the robin. I must admit though, i am at a desk bound job (no i don't work for nextbit Smiley Tongue i wish though!) so battery life isn't an issue with me and like a lot of singaporeans (or at least the ones i know) i have the habit of bringing along a battery pack where ever i go. My battery (to my surprise) lasted me 4-6 hours or so while i was in new york and really really cold on battery optimization mode. Maybe yours might be a faulty battery or one that needs a battery charge cycle? But that said i also don't ask much from my phone ( i have less than 50 apps, i don't do much except for youtube, senseless games and check emails on my phone) which was why the samsung note was wasted on me. 

@CrankyBear thank you for your honest and impartial feedback! Smiley Happy Once a rebel always a rebel! May you still join us in the forums every now and then! Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.0

i think you should have waited for nougat update on Nextbit which may have improved battery life as promised by Nextbit
Rebel 3.0

Battery life for me is almost 24hrs. Granted i'm not watching videos or what not, but on most phones the average life at that is around 4-5 hours.  So 2 hours isn't bad considering we're at a mid tier phone here compared to a high tier iphone.  Let me remind you that this phone is in its first production run too.

Rebel 2.6

Hi everyone,

guess what's in my pocket? Xperia XZ and Nokia Lumia 930 Gold Black Edt. Guess what's on its way to me? Robin Mint. Perhaps you wonder why? Well, I've read lots of reviews and decided to give it a go since the price on Amazon was ridiculously low. I was well aware of the battery specs before buying the Robin, but I still do think it will have more juice than Lumia 930. I don't mind charging my phones and believe me, I charge both of them a few times per day. No big deal. I'm just careful not to wait until the battery falls under 20% at 15%. Have bought one of those Aukey 3.0 chargers and have no problems with them. Actually, I bought 3. One for my car (2 outputs), one for the office (2 outputs) and one for home (6 outputs) and I have another one from Aukey in case I need to go to mountain (solar cells). How can anybody expect their phone to last full 24 hrs nowadays beats me.

Rebel 3.0

how do you like your xperia? hows the camera on it?

Rebel 2.6

I'd give it 7/10. I still think Lumia 930 makes better photos. After all, it's Carl Zeiss lens.