Is nextbit Robin dead now?

Rebel 2.8

Re: Is nextbit Robin dead now?

i really want to come back, or just stay as long as i can, and I hope to receive new good news as soon as possible, just like one year before when I received Robin, I was so delighted.

dnr
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
I'm excited to see what you do but a little hesitant, .
Like I said in another thread, I owned a Motorola when it was purchased by Lenovo. We can't ask Motorola what they're working on because the only thing that lives on is a "Moto" line of phones. If that is a possible route and you guys have even more resources--great. You guys have to understand, many of us didn't just buy a phone. We did research, invested time, energy and money into the phone and the community. I purchased mint shirts and painted a ceramic robot (with my child) mint and grey. I called him my Nextbit Robit. I even suggested my coworker buy the new one in a few months. Later that day I got the news via Android Authority notifications.
We care about it, and I think I speak for many when I say, without much information and a "watch this space" attitude, we feel like you guys don't care about us as much.
We're fanboys and fangirls. We care. I'm a loyal customer. 2 Robins ( mint and midnight), 2 bumps cases (sky and sunset) and with my current issues, I might be trading in for an electric because there are no mint in stock for warranty replacements.
Just don't forget the people who made it possible for you to get noticed in the first place.
Thank you.
Rebel 1.6

@dnr:
Eloquently said, my friend. Eloquent, and all-encompassing.
I bought the Nextbit Robin in the month of August, after a fortnight of combing through spec comparisons between brands, back-and-forths, and finally a lets-do-this plunge. And I haven't so far had any cause for complaint (touch wood).
My Mint Blue Robin straightaway became a talking point among my friends, and I got used to being asked about it by curious strangers. It gives me a warm glow each day, to know that creativity and boldness have their place in the world.
Reading about the Razer acquisition and discontinuation of the Robin was like being doused with cold water. I can speak for a lot here when I say, we have always felt a quiet pride at being termed 'Rebels' by you lovely folks at Nextbit. We took satisfaction in making a left-field decision, and coming out shining. If Robin is to be discontinued, it'd be such a letdown to each one of us who took the gamble, and backed it on Kickstarter / bought it from Nextbit.
To quote fellow Rebel @dnr verbatim,
"We are fanboys and fangirls. We care. Just don't forget the people who made it possible for you to get noticed in the first place."
Thank you.
Rebel 3.0

Here's my take on this.

Nextbit is definitley planning something. Countless statements by Khang and others stating that their excited. Quoting Khang directly, "What I can say is that I'm excited for what's ahead, and seriously you guys should be too." 

Whether they be planning a nextbit robin, Razer Robin (Sounds pretty weird) or maybe even another bird named phone, we should be excited for the future. Nextbit's aqcuisition is change. Razer wouldn't just be here to steal software devs. Quoting their press release; " With the talent that Nextbit brings to Razer, we look forward to unleashing more disruption and growing our business in new areas." 

Razer and nextbit are planning something.

In my opinion, It IS a phone. Whether that device be released in a timely manner is up to them, but i'm just like you guys.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Rebel 3.0

Maybe some kind of mobile gaming device. Could be why Razer aquired a company that makes a mobile phone.

Whatever it is that they are doing...I'm pretty sure that its not going to be released for a while.

If they do release a 2nd gen version of the Robin...I'm interested...a gaming device...nope.

Highlighted
B-W
Rebel 3.6

I'm excited for the future. I have no idea what they are planning, but I like the idea of what they could be doing. The mobile world needs more interesteing devices that work well. It's up to them to do something great with the talent and tech and I want to be around to see what that is.

Support Link: https://help.nextbit.com/hc/en-us
Rebel 3.2

And guess what that mobile gaming phone is going to retail for, hint it ain't gonna be $299 or $399.  It will be an expensive phone probably $800 or more and the 3 people that like razor products will buy them.

Rebel 1.4

I can't imagine any mobile device created by Razer not aligning to their branding. Full disclosure - I own a Black Widow keyboard and have no issues with Razer's products since I've never had issues - but I could never imagine buying a phone that was chroma-coloured and had [insert snake name here] branding. As was pointed out in this thread, it will be gaming-related (unless they spin-off a completely unrelated brand, which is highly unlikely) - and will subsequently lose the original Robin's fanbase. We've seen this with the FitBit buying out Pebble (i.e., the original fanbase being left behind when a KickStarter gets bought out).

dnr
Rebel 3.0

I can tell you that I am extremely irritated with the company now due to the nonsense I've dealt with while trying to get a phone replacement.
It's certainly not my first replacement needed. And I'll probably just go to the LG G6 on a contract. Thanks for helping me make that decision.
Now I can have a phone with paint cracking because it was poorly built that I paid $400 for.
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

dnr wrote:
I can tell you that I am extremely irritated with the company now due to the nonsense I've dealt with while trying to get a phone replacement.
It's certainly not my first replacement needed. And I'll probably just go to the LG G6 on a contract. Thanks for helping me make that decision.
Now I can have a phone with paint cracking because it was poorly built that I paid $400 for.

If you don't mind, could you PM me the details of the problems you had trying to get a replacement? I haven't seen any new tickets under your name, and would gladly try to help you with your replacement. Now, if you just feel like leaving for a new phone, I get it and that's cool - that's the power of being a consumer. Sad to see you go, sorry we couldn't be the phone that you love, and maybe we can earn your trust again in the future.

#NextNow