NFC and Android Pay

Rebel 2.8

Re: NFC and Android Pay

My experience has really been hit or miss. Just took a trip to Aneheim and noticed that my AndroidPay NEVER worked at any terminal, but back in Redwood City, it works maybe 8 out of 10 times. I've been told it could be my case (Tudia from Amazon), but I'm not sure that's the issue. Hopefully it gets better with time.

Rebel 3.2

I just wish we could use android pay in Canada. So far no dice.
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

A recent update to my original post: I've found that - in the US - a non-US card will cause the "error making transaction - try placing phone on terminal again" message on Android Pay pop up. When I switched the card to a US card, the transaction went through.

More testing in places like Rite Aide (where they have the pay terminals I have the most problems with when it comes to using Android Pay) shall see whether it's the card's fault or a hardware (either Robin or the specific pay terminal's) fault. 

I'm not using any covers on my phone.

Rebel 3.0

Rebel 3.2

I have found that a) it does work, your bank just needs to support your cards (mine was a bit behind, but eventually caught up), and b) the location of the NFC sensor is near the middle. So, the best way I've found to hold the phone is horizontally against the sensor rather than trying to tap the top. I use this all the time when I fuel up my car. It's been pretty consistent.

Rebel 2.8

Just got my Robin and successfully used Andoid pay at Subway.  I'm also using the Nova launcher and have the Bruises case on it. It worked immedaitely the first time.

Rebel 1.2

My NFC/Android pay use is inconsistant. I used it twice at Trader Joe's, one day it worked, another day it did not. I've used it at the Stop n' Shop supermarket, once it worked, once it did not. Tried at Best Buy, no luck. Tried at Panera Bread, no luck.  Prior to this phone I had the Nexus 5X. That worked 100% of the time. Of course that was on Nuget, so I'm not sure if when Robin goes to Nuget we might see better results.

It's important to note, when I say it did not work, I mean it did not even vibrate to even notice I had an NFC phone. My issue is NOT a payment going thru, I would welcome that issue.

Lastly, I tried just NFC to send a file between my Nexus 5X (now available for someone to buy from me) with my Robin. And though it worked, it was not 100% of my attempts. But most of the time.

Something about the way the Robin has implemented the NFC, whether it's the chip quality, placement or software. It's not a perfect implementation of NFC.

Rebel 1.0

power button is the sensor.
Rebel 2.8

NFC in my robin stopped working suddenly! I tried once to pay, went through and afterwards nothing! There's no reaction even for another phones or NFC tags. Looks like completely gone. Any ideas what might be the problem with?