Newer version of NextBit

Rebel 2.6

Newer version of NextBit

Is there going to be any next version of Nextbit phone after there merger with Razor ? Any information on that front ?

7 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Newer version of NextBit

Highly unlikely!
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

If there is a plan, they are probably having to remain hush about it. @Swapan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 2.6

What will happen to the cloud storage after Feb 2018? I know there wont be security patches but would there be anyreason to not just find another phone now? I just bought mine a few days ago and after hearing about this discontinuation it has me worried if this was a waste because I do love the phone itself. 

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

mcrews wrote:

What will happen to the cloud storage after Feb 2018? I know there wont be security patches but would there be anyreason to not just find another phone now? I just bought mine a few days ago and after hearing about this discontinuation it has me worried if this was a waste because I do love the phone itself. 

Right now, we are planning to have a solution in place to download all the archived content that you have when Feb '18 rolls around. At that time, your phone would be just like a Nexus 5x. So you can determine what you'd like to do. You have a great value with Robin, so don't feel bad about your purchase.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

Upon that date of the cloud service going down, is there a plan to allow migration to other services to maintain features? If not, will nextbit be providing a smooth and stable removable of vestigial cloud features? Would be nice if no cloud is left to not have the menus lingering.
Rebel 2.8

How about switching the cloud storage to Google Drive or similar, even my own AWS S3 bucket?

I think Google Drive support will be much simpler than others, so we can still have >32GB storage after Feb 2018.

Rebel 1.4

Another idea is to allow users to host their own servers (raspberry pi image?). Make it a Windows/Mac/Linux program that users can install and configure the connection in the storage app on their Robin.