Phone Dies on Charger Even When it Appears to be Charging

Rebel 1.2

Phone Dies on Charger Even When it Appears to be Charging

[ Edited ]

I've purchased three different charging bricks, plus used a couple of non-Apple bricks I already had at home.  I've also purchased a total of five different cables, not including the cable that came with my first and second Robin.  This problem has occured no matter which combination of that equipment I use.

I will plug my phone in, the cable fits fine in the base and the phone, and the phone will show a lightning bolt on the battery like it is charging.  I will set my phone down, being sure that the charging icon is illuminated as it's lying on the table.  Then at some point later, the phone will have lost all battery while on the charger and have died.  This happens even when the battery has 15-40% battery, not just when I'm plugging it in at 3%.  

In addition, if my battery dies and I go to plug it in, it will not charge.  This occurs even when the cable is snuggly fitting in the base and the phone, and in various outlets, with various combinations of charging bases and cables.  Eventually, sometimes after hours, the phone will finally begin charging, and will charge fully.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I am incredibly frustrated at this point, and could use some advice.

1 REPLY
Rebel 2.6

Re: Phone Dies on Charger Even When it Appears to be Charging

I had this with a previous phone too. the problem was that the charger wasn't charging fast enough(to low amerage or something) Did you check your chargers if the have the right amp and voltage? 

Lost my old phone and got a robin. Lovin it