Promised Android nougat update

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8

Promised Android nougat update

Hi guys,. It's been long since we have been waiting for beta testing to be over. Do u have any ETA when we (non beta testers) can get nougat on our phones?
33 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Promised Android nougat update

Considering that its already mid January and that Nougat is only on its 2nd beta, I'm not sure it will launch soon. Maybe Feburary or later? I was expecting it to end sooner too.

Rebel 3.0

Hopefully it comes soon!

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

notar61 wrote:

Hopefully it comes soon!

Yeah, the team is working hard on getting the next release out...we're really close, and then Google needs to certify it, and then we can roll it out...could be a little longer, but we're nearly there!

#NextNow
Rebel 2.6

Good luck guys - I signed up to be a beta tester cause I got a little impatient, but in case that program's closed already - happy to wait if it's dropping soon! It's really great that there is genuine support throughout this community, and I'm really enjoying the phone as is Smiley Happy

Rebel 3.0

Rebel 2.8

It looks like that's just a Robin running Omni ROM. So not official firmware.
Rebel 2.8

Any rough estimate by when will Google certify it? Also will it be 7.0 or 7.1?

Rebel 3.0

I think i can give this information out....

Google (this is my guess, not nextbit's) should certify it around a week after nextbit turns it over to them. With samsung's nougat beta, i think it took that long.

However this is what im not sure if i can give out, but i'll do it anyway.

Current beta is 7.0, so therefore the official nougat release should be 7.0. With our current track and wait times for software updates, i expect that by the time support ends for the robin we should be on 7.1.1 with the September/October 2017 security update.

Rebel 2.6

i have signed up for beta program but still not received nought update