Promised Android nougat update

SOLVED
Rebel 3.0

Re: Promised Android nougat update

Actually its quite likely we'll be seeing 7.2 or 8.0 or whatever the major release after 7.1 is. That will the final update next February when the software support ends (its next February, not September or October). They are doing a full 2 years.
Rebel 2.8

I am still waiting to see 7 update. Forget 7.2 or 8....!!! March already began and no news till now
Rebel 3.2

Lol, 7.2, 8, 9,. We're still sitting on marshmallow with September 2016 security patch. 7 will be the end of road for this phone if it comes at all. Honestly if they weren't so far into the beta I think razor would have **bleep** canned that too. Beyond this update I wouldn't expect much. After all who is going keep developing software for a product that is discontinued?
Rebel 3.0

Nintonito wrote:
Actually its quite likely we'll be seeing 7.2 or 8.0 or whatever the major release after 7.1 is. That will the final update next February when the software support ends (its next February, not September or October). They are doing a full 2 years.

You are so way ahead of yourself. Or just blindly optimistic.

Having support till February 2018 doesn't guarantee you the latest version of Android as of February 2018. It means Nextbit will maintain some sort of resources for Robin's software until February 2018.

The wait for Android 7.0 has been seven months and still counting. At current rate of progress, whether Robin would receive Android 7.1 by February 2018 is the more practical question to ask.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Our latest build passed the first round of CTS testing, so we're waiting on results from the second round. We're almost there!

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

This is what "update" we actually want, at least we can see someone saying, "Hey today we submitted a build", "We got 2 more bugs before releasing an update to G*****", "G***** is working on certification" kind of updates, not just "coming soon". Thanks!

Khang wrote:

Our latest build passed the first round of CTS testing, so we're waiting on results from the second round. We're almost there!

Rebel 1.2

Android 7.0 Nougat

[ Edited ]

Hi

i am paruchase nextbit robin 8-3-17 in flipkart my phone are not update android 7.0 nougat pleease sugesst me how i am update 7.0 nougat

Rebel 3.0

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat

Nextbit team is currently working on android 7.0.It'll be released soon

Rebel 2.8

Thanks for the update on progress. So does this means we can expect the update by end of March?
Rebel 2.6

With all due respect to Khang/Nextbit Team,

You are failing spectacularly at expectation management. The actual technical delays in the delivery of Android 7.0 are what they are and perhaps unavoidable. Sometimes unforseen things happen and last minute hiccups spoil the best of plans.

However, its not the technical hurdles that people are frustrated at, it is the lack of transparent and accurate communication. 

You either set a generously lazy date like LG and tell everyone to expect the update in Q3 2017 so everyone can settle down or if it is truly around the corner like you say is, perhaps post a daily update (with the good *and* bad news) so that people are looped in, let them see how the sausage is made and the complexities involved.

Its being constantly given a moving goalpost that frustrates them. Nextbit was talking about a fall update for battery features etc (http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/23/12007486/nextbit-battery-life-improvement-software-update). Fall. Of 2017.

Its fine if there are delays, but at least you can give us daily updates on the current status. You almost have to reply daily anyway with "coming soon". 

CTS testing usually takes a week tops for even completely overhauled Android builds (Samsung Grace/Touchwiz).

Again to re-iterate, delays are fine, but communicate and be honest. People are tired of BS re: Android updates (from all companies).