[Q]Nougat beta tester

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8

[Q]Nougat beta tester

I've finally got the email that I've been added to the group of the beta tester list. My question is how would I move forward on this? I'm currently unlock bootloader with a custom ROM and recovery. Would I need to go back to complete stock and pull a beta ota? How does this exactly work?
11 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: [Q]Nougat beta tester

Marcieevee wrote:
I've finally got the email that I've been added to the group of the beta tester list. My question is how would I move forward on this? I'm currently unlock bootloader with a custom ROM and recovery. Would I need to go back to complete stock and pull a beta ota? How does this exactly work?

Yoiu need to be fully stock to enjoy beta...if you don't, you could potentially bootloop.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

thankyou. i have flashed the factory image.i am now on full stock but with still unlock bootloader is that okay? im assuming all i have to do now is check for an ota update since i am now on the beta tester program?

Yup, that's pretty much it. Keep it unlocked for now.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

just got done with the first batch ota on 7.0 everything is going smoothly, downloading the next update now. thank you very much Smiley Happy

Ps
Rebel 3.0

I'm still waiting to receive an email or update of beta since Jan.

I'll look into this tomorrow for you. Not sure why you're not getting the updates.

#NextNow
Ps
Rebel 3.0

@Khang

Awesome. Smiley Happy

Would be great, btw after last flash of nextbit 450, I have been getting amazing battery and standby times.

Loving it so far.

Rebel 2.8

@Khang any chance you could look into my application for beta as well? Thanks...

Rebel 1.6

while your at it can you check on my beta test status also thx