Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Rebel 2.8
15
24

Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Hey all,

 

Just had a heartbreak today when something similar to this guy happened. 

Had no problems at all and just decided to do a reboot to reload some thing that weren't updating for a few minutes (google calendar), only to be greeted by this problem. 

 

The phone boots up, asks for my draw-a-pattern-password, after drawing it the nextbit logo appears... and nothing else. Have tried restarts, volume+power button reboots, haven't tried clearing cache or factory resets just yet. Going to contact support when it opens, but for now has anyone else encountered this problem? Unlike the guy above I didn't get any error messages at all, it was working perfectly and then this.

 

Help appreciated!

9 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2
90
35

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen


ishnoc wrote:

Hey all,

 

Just had a heartbreak today when something similar to this guy happened. 

Had no problems at all and just decided to do a reboot to reload some thing that weren't updating for a few minutes (google calendar), only to be greeted by this problem. 

 

The phone boots up, asks for my draw-a-pattern-password, after drawing it the nextbit logo appears... and nothing else. Have tried restarts, volume+power button reboots, haven't tried clearing cache or factory resets just yet. Going to contact support when it opens, but for now has anyone else encountered this problem? Unlike the guy above I didn't get any error messages at all, it was working perfectly and then this.

 

Help appreciated!


Am I the guy you referred to above? (There was no link or quoted text.)

 

When it happened to me, I went into the volume+power reboot and got the errors about mounting the E: drive.

 

What are you seeing when you go into the volume+power menu? 

Rebel 2.8
15
24

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Thanks for replying, yes it is you. There is a link in there but it seems to be invisible, clicking "this" or "guy" gets you there=)

 

Anyway I contacted support and got the problem resolved, though I had to do a factory reset. Nothing else worked, and the guy was quite interested cause he had no idea why it happened.

 

In the end it seems I'll get a new robin though, but for a different reason. I got the bulge on the back on my robin, and it's starting to form a crack in the back, so getting a replacement it seems.

 

All in all very happy with the support.

Rebel 3.2
90
35

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

[ Edited ]

ishnoc wrote:

Thanks for replying, yes it is you. There is a link in there but it seems to be invisible, clicking "this" or "guy" gets you there=)

 

Anyway I contacted support and got the problem resolved, though I had to do a factory reset. Nothing else worked, and the guy was quite interested cause he had no idea why it happened.

 

In the end it seems I'll get a new robin though, but for a different reason. I got the bulge on the back on my robin, and it's starting to form a crack in the back, so getting a replacement it seems.

 

All in all very happy with the support.


Ahh, yes, I see the hidden link. This forum software needs to mark links better.

 

@ishnoc, my advice is that you don't exchange your Robin if the only problem is the bulge.

 

I exchanged my 3 Robins because they all had the bulge. The 3 replacements were nice and flat. However, after using them for a little bit, the bulge appeared. 

 

And 2 of the replacements had to be replaced. The one with the hardware failure and one had a screen defect.

 

The two replacements (my 7th and 8th Robins if you're keeping count) were nice and flat until, you guessed it, I used them for a bit and the bulge appeared.

 

I'm pretty confident in saying that the root cause of the bulge is the very nice looking polycarbonate cover can't handle the heat generated by daily operation and that's when you get the bulk.

 

Good luck.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert
967
571

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

[ Edited ]

Hm that is an interesting situation @ishnoc with the whole software thing. If it happens again on your new robin be sure to let either @Khang or another member of the team know and they will pass it onto the software team to get it looked at. The whole bulge thing does seem to be a problem though but again the team are looking into it already I believe.

 

Darragh Smiley Happy

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 1.0
1
0

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Hi My Robin is stuck at the loading screen. I tried the volume + power approach to reboot. Nothing is working. All I am seeing is the nextbit + cloud logo on a blue background.

 

Help!!!.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1311
1604

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen


cjswamy wrote:

Hi My Robin is stuck at the loading screen. I tried the volume + power approach to reboot. Nothing is working. All I am seeing is the nextbit + cloud logo on a blue background.

 

Help!!!.


Hold on the power and volume down button for 20-30 seconds and let it reboot. Please let us know what has happened after. Did you just take an update? What happened prior to booting?


#NextNow
Rebel 1.8
1
1

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Hello... i have same issues here... it started with freeze when i want to open line apps for almost 15 minutes, then i press volume+power button, to restart, now it stuck with the robin logo in black background, and it won't turn on... please help....

Rebel 1.0
1
0

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Hey everyone I'm new to this community I got my Robin over the holidays last year and worked perfectly fine until the issues came along, at first I thought it was my battery but now that I'm reading you're guys information​ and experience I think it could be the same as yours. My phone boots up normally but when I leave the phone charging on its own the percentage just keeps going down. Charger can't be the issue it works fine with my brothers Robin as well. So then when I did the reboot option to see if that would refresh the whole phone, doing so made the problem worse it stuck on reboot and screen is completely black with no warning signs. Tried the power button with volume buttons still nothing.
Rebel 2.8
13
8

Re: Robin stuck at "nextbit" loading screen

Question when you unplugged the charger was there a lighting bolt on the battery icon. If there was it is a problem with the phone USB c connector. Try and put it on the charger and see if it charges. I had that problem with mine and I had it replaced only after 2 days of owning it.