Stuck in setup

Rebel 2.8

Stuck in setup

So I just reflashed the lastest Stock firmware from a Custom ROM, did the usual resetting etc. Flashed the boot.img and stock recovery.img and relocked the bootloader, but when it comes to set up I get the notification of an update for just over 500mb it will download fine prepare itself update but when it comes back on to the inital set up it still says there is an update but when I tap next to update the screen jumps straight back to the previous screen showing it has an update.

I've tried fixing it by trying the update with a locked and unlocked bootloader, with factory reseting for both occasions but it has no effect. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Stuck in setup

Are you sure that the updates are the same? I know in my setup it had to do several updates (5 or more). I will look for a fix!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

I reflash the latest stock from scratch the updates download but I get a new error, in the recovery after applying the update it gets the following:

Nextbit/NBQ_00WW_FIH/NQB_BSP

6.0.1/MMB29M/00W_1_380

user/release-keys

Supported API: 3

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update

system partition has unexpected contents

E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

It then just goes straight from the Nextbit splash screen into the recovery screen.

Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Okay thank you, that helps! All solutions I've found involve SD cards sadly.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

I would flash the stock image via the zip.file I provided in the Tools section of the forum. If your bootloader is still unlocked, you should be able to have no problems.

#NextNow
Rebel 1.2

Hi Nexbit Support,

I encounter the same error. What should I do now. I just purchased this new phone but it stuck in the setup. Upon pressing the next arrow to download the updates it keep coming back. Please advise.

Thank you!