Unlocking The Bootloader

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 3.0

Unlocking The Bootloader

Hello Rebels, I was wondering how to unlock the bootloader. I cant seem to find the thread anywhere on this forum, and i know that there's a way. I would prefer to unlock my bootloader without my pc though.....

8 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Unlocking The Bootloader

You can't unlock the bootloader of your Robin without a computer.

In order to do it, connect it to your pc, having drivers and fastboot installed. Boot your Robin into bootloader (volume down + power), and run the following command in a Windows command prompt:
fastboot -i 0x2c3f oem unlock. It will show a disclaimer in your Robin's screen. Accept it and let it do its job, and you'll be done

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.0

Thank you. Where can i find the fastboot files?

Rebel 3.2

xBane_ wrote:

Thank you. Where can i find the fastboot files?

Try these: Link

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile - ResurrectionRemix
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

I used that program and typed into a command prompt these two commands: "adb fastboot -i 0x2c3f" and just "fastboot -i 0x2c3f" and got this error:

C:\Users\Ben>fastboot -i 0x2c3f
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Ben>adb fastboot -i 0x2c3f
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

As I recall, when i rooted my tablet there was a folder labeled 'fastboot' and i would issue the command there. Can't find it with this. Help please?

i DO have the drivers installed

could this one work? https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool

Ps
Rebel 3.0

Normally the folder fastboot is in C:\ I'm a linux user so maybe not correct in saying this but if you have installed the tools using an installer, try and search for fastboot in search bar. Once you have found the folder/ batch file/script go to that folder, right click and select open command line here -> then try and type the commands mentioned in first reply.

Please see you might need to invoke admin privileges if required to do so.

Alternatively just browse your C:\ or look in program files.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

As the other user said, it should be at C:\adb\. Try installing adb & fastboot with the link above in other post and rebooting your machine. That could help

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

xBane_ wrote:

I used that program and typed into a command prompt these two commands: "adb fastboot -i 0x2c3f" and just "fastboot -i 0x2c3f" and got this error:

C:\Users\Ben>fastboot -i 0x2c3f
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\Ben>adb fastboot -i 0x2c3f
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

As I recall, when i rooted my tablet there was a folder labeled 'fastboot' and i would issue the command there. Can't find it with this. Help please?

i DO have the drivers installed

could this one work? https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool

That is the same thing. You will need to be in the folder that they were installed to, probably C:\Users\Ben\adb\. Maybe run a desktop search for 'fastboot.exe' and see where it is at, then browse there in a terminal (cmd).

Also, ADB and Fastboot are different applications, each with their own set of commands. ADB is only usable when Android is running (or TWRP) and Fastboot is only for Bootloader mode (Fastboot Mode). You also need to include the command when running the application, such as 'fastboot -i 0x2c3f devices' (to show connected devices) instead of 'fastboot -i 0x2c3f'.

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile - ResurrectionRemix
Rebel 3.2

Also you need to know that once you unlock your bootloader you will get message that bootloader is unlock every time you restart phone. 

If you wanna get rid of that message you need to lock bootloader again.