Weird charging issues

Rebel 1.0

Weird charging issues

I have had by Robin for about a  month and a half and all of a sudden the quick charge stopped working. I am using the included charger and it rarely charges fast enough that I can use it while its plugged in without further depleting its battery. Sometimes without explaination it goes back to "charging" then returns to "charging slowly" after a moment. In addition, when it is plugged in, about 1 out of every 8 or so times I press the finger print scanner it gives a small electric shock on my thumb. I'm not sure if it has been doing this the entire time and it just charged to quickly for me to notice it before or if this is some how connected to the general charging issues

In the three days that since its started happening, my phone has changed from a useful tool to an aggressive piece of plastic. please help 

2 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Weird charging issues

Is likely the cable. Both my kids bought Robins and both have had the included cable exchanged already. My daughters replacement is slow charging again already. The newer nextbit cables seem to be garbage. I used my cable that fast charges in their charger blocks and their phones far charge. So it was definitely the cable. At this point I don't know if it's worth trying to get the replacements again given the current state of the company and warranty. I might just get them better quality cables.
Rebel 2.8

Re: Weird charging issues

my original cable gave out too. I've had my Robin since mid October and the cable stopped working properly earlier this week. I've been using a micro usb cable with an Anker micro usb-usb-C adapter since and it works fine so far for fast charging and file transfer to my macbook.

It's disappointing (especially considering the micro usb cable that came with my Nexus 4 4 years ago is still working fine)