audio volume in Nougat.

Rebel 2.8

audio volume in Nougat.

Hello all,

My Robin updated to Nougat yesterday and after using my phone this morning, I can't help but notice the volume of audio seems to be a lot lower than it used to be. On speaker and with the headphones. I tried with various youtube videos and one of my playlists in Google Play Music. Everything sounds quieter.

I used to think the first increment from mute was a bit loud, now I barely hear anything.

Does anybody else have the same impression?

16 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: audio volume in Nougat.

I haven't noticed it. I think it even sounds a bit louder than before on headphones (AIAIAI ones).

#RobinCam @ instagram.com/perejp
Rebel 2.6

If anything, it seems louder to me. 

Rebel 2.8

Thanks for your input. I'll keep monitoring the volume on my end. Maybe it's just a couple of gremlins that will go away once Nougat settles down on my phone Smiley LOL

Rebel 1.8

Even i noticed that. **bleep** give that sound back >.<
Rebel 2.6

Now you say it.... It's only been a day, so I can't be sure... but a couple of times I have pushed the volume button, only to find it's already at maximum.

This is... was... a good loud phone for headphones. I hope that's not mucked up.
LTZ
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]
Yes. I can CONFIRM that in my experience the speakers definitely seem to be quieter by comparison to Marshmallow. Headphones were actually giving me volume issues on Marshmallow. They would alternate between quieter and louder for no reason. That seems to be gone for now, so no issues with headphones right now.
dnr
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
I think my speakers sound better. Will try headphones soon.
I did notice my phone doesn't make the sound to notify me of a low battery anymore.
Rebel 3.0

Volume of robin have come down now after update don't know why....can u do something for that? Unhappy for that one
Rebel 2.6

Me too. I'm facing the sma problem since the update. Low audio on YouTube and Vlc. I think we need custom level controls on the phone. So that we can set the levels on our own, each according to his/her preference.