when are we expected to get Nougat?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

when are we expected to get Nougat?

Apparently the new N update is coming in August. Do you guys have an estimate on how long it will take after the initial phase for Nexus devices to get it on our Robin?

Cheers

Pedroh

28 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: when are we expected to get Nougat?

@Pedroh For stock Nougat could come anytime. I'm not saying it'll take that long but we'll most likely have it within the next few months. We currently have no idea when it'll come for stock but Nextbit has said in the past they wanna be quick with bringing it out. On the custom rom side of things you can expect it at most a few weeks maybe after the source release which usually coincides with the public release.

Rebel 3.2

Here we go.  Nougat is rolling out.  Should be interesting to see how fast out Nextbit friends can bouce that sucker into our phones. 

Hoping it's soon, and they can reap the rewards of being one of the lucky early ones. (okay mostly I just want it soon.)

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

My bet: 2 months

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

david wrote:
My bet: 2 months

D

Okay.  Let's set October 22, 2016 as the betting line.  

I'm taking the under, barely.  My 10/21 is my anniversary and daughter's 11th birthday.   I say I am rocking 6 different skin tone emojis by then. 

Rebel 2.8

As a long time Nexus-only person who was seduced by the Robin I will give it a couple of months for us to get Nougat before I switch back to Nexus, probably with a used 6P. I feel pretty confident because Nextbit has been fairly fast with updates so far.
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

I'm surprised so few people replied to this thread, but I think Nextbit has been tremendous with updates so far! If they deliver Android N before Christmas I'll be happy! Android N for Christmas sounds great!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

We've got an update coming soon, but we're probably looking at Q4 for N. No exact timeline just yet, but we're hoping! Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Rebel 1.4

Bro, Same here. I have had a Nexus since day 1 and no other phone since then. I have had my Nexus 6P for a year now until I deciecd to give the Robin a shot. I love the hardware but my only fear is that we don't get SW updates fast. I used to have latest update as soon it comes out and hopeing the Robin get fast updates too.

Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

@Toto Nextbit is extremely small, in terms of software maintenance in proportion to company size; Nextbit runs circles around other OEMs. 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z