when are we expected to get Nougat?

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8

Re: when are we expected to get Nougat?

Hi Khang,

Any further updates on how things are progressing on a Nougat release?  Also, will there be an opportunity to beta it?

Thanks!

Clinton

Clinton Fitch
Editor
ClintonFitch.com
Rebel 2.8

To me, December or early January is good enough. Couple more weeks for fixing bugs is definitely worth it. Or maybe we can skip 7.0 and go to 7.1 directly?
Rebel 3.2

I personally got it when I switched to the Pixel.  My teenage son will get it hopefully soon with his "new" Robin. 

2 things. 

1. I miss the style of the Robin. Yes the Pixel is zippier, but just has no funk. 

2. Nougat has not been an earth shattering improvement. 

-T

Rebel 1.4

That's mainly because of the pixel. Nougat on other SOCs and hardware has been quite impressive. The problem is that if coming from a POS phone to a pixel, you'll be super impressed, but if you had a decent device and went to it, it wouldn't be quite as thrilling of an improvement . I have used a friend's pixel and actually felt like Nougat on one of my many other devices ran much smoother.
Rebel 2.8

Hey Nextbit team,

I am yet to get Android 7.0 update.

Right now have 6.0.1 version. I do have got my robin replaced though. 

Sincerely

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@lalit_mendal official Nougat update is not out yet. it should be arriving very soon though.

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 1.0

Nougat will still come out even after the announcement of end of support?

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Yes @chicagonyc,

Nougat is coming soon

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.0

david wrote:
@lalit_mendal official Nougat update is not out yet. it should be arriving very soon though.

D

david wrote:
Yes @chicagonyc,

Nougat is coming soon

D

This is hilarious. These two posts are two weeks apart and Nougat is from "very soon" to "soon". You guys are pushing the boundaries of PR-speak so hard.

Rebel 3.0

I just got an Nvidia Shield TABLET from 2014 and IT has Nougat (OFFICIAL) already! How about at least a security update, we haven't had one for almost  6 months!