Airtel : Only 3G although set to LTE:(

Rebel 3.0

Airtel : Only 3G although set to LTE:(

[ Edited ]
Well It seems to be happening all of a sudden from yesday n8 or maybe today morn or so... Watevr I do it only showcases H symbol on carrier signal instead of LTE

Anyone else facng this or is it jus me?!
PS : tried to reach airtel customer service n trust me Its IVR for any issue and I don't know what else should I click to connect to a human being!!
6 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Airtel : Only 3G although set to LTE:(

I also have the same issue in the country I'm from but I can tell you not many places have LTE coverage.
Only places that are very populated but when you come out of them areas usually you get only H or worse E(Edge).

Also I am on a monthly plan & the phone I had free with it says 4g but I feel they are rigged to say it.
Because they still get speeds of H+ LTE should be quite seamless.

Try it in major Cities & you will see LTE. Smiley Happy I had LTE when I got mine but when I had to move again to rural area I lost the LTE sign.

But yes I'm sorry that you have this issue its all in the provider to add more LTE coverage.
/|/ ø ÷ Ξ
Rebel 3.0

I had the signal till it vanished 2 days back mysteriously... not at home or ofce.. well spke to network customer rep & she asked me to get a duplicate sim.. 

Rebel 3.0

There are apps that can tell you if the area is in LTE coverage zones.

Check out "4G map & speedtest" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer

Hope it helps Smiley Happy
/|/ ø ÷ Ξ
Rebel 3.0

got fixed by itself.. bck to LTE...  not sure if its bcoz of sumthng i did with the settings or sim swap!!

thnx @nin9 for the response!

Rebel 3.0

When it happens again try manually selecting the network to airtel. I also faced the same issue
Rebel 3.0

LT E coverage is limited  .Only works in areas close to towers.