Charging and general warranty

Rebel 2.6

Charging and general warranty

Phone purchased on Flipkart in June 2016. Not charging. Most probably due to charging cable as it did charge but slower with another cable. Would like cable to be replaced.

It appears that teher are no service centres in India. Would not have purchased if I had known this. It is disrespecting consumers in India to sell a product without service support.

Is this forum official feedback / complaint or just users community?

10 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Charging and general warranty

@rohitshinkre welcome to the forums and i am sorry to hear about your issue. Nextbit has no physical service center at all. However there IS service support and an awesome one at that, as I myself have spoken to the customer service reps for my own issues. They are helpful, quick to respond and they provide solutions (but in turn, the user must be able to help them by giving a proper breakdown of the issue either with images or better still, a video for them to be able to understand the issue clearly and to give the best solution).

I understand that India does not have the official wall charger, so kindly advise on the below (the reps will ask the same thing):

• What are you using to charge your robin with? A computer or a wall charger. If you are using the computer to charge your robin, charging will definately be slow

• If you are charging using a wall charger, what wall charger are you using and what is the output of the wall charger (you can check the output on the wallcharger itself, it would be printed somewhere on the charger)
Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

So, I got my Robin in the early weeks of June this year and I've been incredibly happy with it. I even got a Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 charger, and honestly, Quick Charge has been a life changer for me. Until about 4 days ago, when the phone stopped quick charging completely.
At first I figured it may be a problem with the charger until I realised that even with other chargers my phone is charging incredibly slowly. I'm talking 8-9 hours to get to full on a wall charger. And when I plugged it into my Mac, the phone was actually losing battery even though I didn't have the screen on.

The way I see it, it's probably an issue with the cable.
My question is: who do I contact for getting the cable changed/phone looked at?
Rebel 3.0

Have you tried using another cable?

May seem silly but check if the wire is completely snug in the port,i had the same issue for 2-3days then realised that the port was much tight.A s my cable was loosely inserted

Hope to see your issue fixed

Proud rebel of India with his spanking new ember.
Rebel 2.6

I tried using my Mother's One Plus 2 Charger. Charging like a breeze with that one. 

I did try inserting the cable into a multitude of different chargers. Looks like the issue is with the cable itself. 

Would Flipkart be willing to replace the cable? Or would I be better off just buying a new one? 

@Plastictosh for the Nextbit USB cable, you can contact flipkart for the exchange if it within their servicing period Smiley Happy other wise you can contact the friendly customer service reps via live chat on https://help.nextbit.com between 9am PST and 6pm PST

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

I did contact flipkart. They proposed that I return the phone and get refund. I was also not too keen on owning a phone without good service support in India. Quite disrespectful of the Indian consumer actually. Next bit Chapter closed. Good phone no doubt.

@rohitshinkre ????? very very confused here, but not quite sure what has service centers got to do with respect?

Nextbit has a simple and fuss free RMA system which while is not a physical service center, works the same and is even more fuss free with the fact that you do not have to que (i'm looking at you samsung and sony for making me rush down to your service center, and wait at your service centers for 2 hours OFF PEAK just to tell me come back for my phone in 2 weeks!!). All you have to do is call Fedex to come pick your package; at your convenience; or drop it off at a fed ex point. For Flipkart i heard it is even more awesome that they send an engineer to your home to look at the device (that is a dream!) at your convenience.

I am sorry you chose to close the robin chapter, but i do hope you did enjoy the time with your robin and i wish you well on your next phone journey Smiley Happy

Rebel 2.6

So, I emailed Flipkart and they told me they wouldn't be able to help because it has been over 30 days since I got the phone. But they suggested I contact Nextbit support.
Nextbit support sent me a very prompt email back last night asking me for some further details to raise a ticket (IMEI no./invoice copy etc).

I sent it this morning. I suppose they'll get back to me back in their working hours. Let's see what happens.
In the meanwhile, I'm using my mother's OnePlus 2 charger. :/

Rebel 2.8

@Plastictosh did they happen to replace your usb cable? Im also experiencing the same issue as you.