Contacts Issue

Rebel 1.0

Contacts Issue

Hello Team,

I am not able to save any new contact in my Phone. The moment I save a new contact, it disappears in few seconds from the contact list or the contact list doesn't get updated.
However, the phone number appears in the call history.
Please look at this issue.

Another problem is that whenever I connect an earphone/headphone the music stops and the google listening feature appear on the screen again and again.
Please correct these issues.

Rohit
9 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2

Re: Contacts Issue

Hey Rohit,

Please make sure in contacts, you've enabled to show all contacts by default.

See, when you save a contact, you can either save it in:

1) Google
2) Phone

3) SIM

Once it is saved in the desired location, you have to make sure you've set the contacts app to display the contacts from intended location.

Go to contacts app and choose all 3; Google, Phone and SIM if you're unsure where you saved it.

I hope this helped! Smiley Very Happy

Rebel 3.2

Considering the earphones problem, are you facing it with your own earphones or all earphones?

If yours only, it can an issue with the earphones itself. Sometimes the jack gets damaged causing it to trigger/stimulate a "button press" which enables google now.

Rebel 2.6

I  have the same problems with you ,I am really hoping to go to Idia to travel.

Doing my best,learn international advice to do myself well.
Rebel 2.6

Hey, I have the exact same contact display issue with my Robin. For a period of time when I first got it, there was no issue whatsoever. But now for the last couple months or so, I haven't been able to save any phone contacts for longer than about 30 seconds. I thought that maybe it was an issue that would get sorted with an update, but nothing but that hasn't fixed anything. I looked into the contacts settings where it says which contacts to display, but SIM and phone are not options. It only says Messenger, Outlook, and Google. The old contacts that I initially saved when I got the phone are fine, but nothing else saves anymore and it's pretty frustrating.

Also, since I've had my Robin (backed from kickstarter), the top speaker has been fuzy and not really clear. And it's just gotten worse over time to the point where I actually need to use headphones in order to properly hear people that I'm talking to. What am I supposed to do with that? Can either of these issues get fixed?

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

[ Edited ]

@Todimusprime Welcome to the forums!

Saving of contacts

May i know if you are using google to keep your contacts? Also do you have the auto sync data on please? You can check by going to contacts --> tap the 3 dots on the top right hand corner --> accounts --> tap the 3 tops on the top right hand corner again --> ensure that auto sync is on before you input your contact.

i don't have Sim / phone options either

Fuzzy speakers

Would it possible to share a video of this happening please? You may wish to upload it to google drive and share the link here.

thanks!

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

I'll see about getting a video of a conversation shared. As for the auto sync option, yes, it's on and has been since I got it. Any other ideas on how to fix the contacts saving issue?
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@Todimusprime Would like to seek your patience as i try to figure out the issue for the saving of contacts Smiley Happy

Could you check your gmail list of contacts to see if the new contacts are there (I am assuming you are saving everything to google)? If they are but they are not showing up on your contacts list you might want to clearing system cache?

1. Power off your phone
  2. Once the phone is off, press and hold down at the same time Volume down + Power button till the screen lights up
  3. Select "Recovery"
  4. Then select "wipe cache partition"
  5. Reboot

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/137283/contacts-are-not-displaying-after-marshmallow-upda...

1. Once you are done with the Wipe procedure , go to https://contacts.google.com and export your contacts as .vcf file and copy to your device.

2. Open Contacts App (Phone app) -> go to options on the top right corner (3 dots) -> choose import/export -> import from .vcf file. This will restore your contacts..

I hope that helps, if not, would you like to consider a factory reset? There might be something wrong with the contacts app

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 1.2

Hi, I have the same issue as the people above. My contacts don't appear to be saved when I checked my Outlook contacts. They have completely disappeared. I usually save the contacts there.
Rebel 1.2

hii,, i just got a new nextbit robin ,, i dont know how i can open contacts?? i copied from my old phone to the new account in gmail ,, but also not open ,, and always accounts is messanger,, whatsap and gmail ,, so what can i do?/